PDA

View Full Version : Spectral Rendering, what needs to be done to make it work?

Carno
December 28th, 2006, 03:03
From what I understand first of all shaders need to be developed (unfortunately I am not a programmer..or I d love to give it a shot).

Moreover If I understand correctly, 'special' light shaders need to be developed too, that emit broad spectrum light(400-700nm), correct me if I am wrong here.
It would be nice to have a material like the mi path_mat from mi but with more options like Abbe parameter and/or support for ComplexIOR files.
BTW If someone has any spectral rendered pics ,say.. with dispersion please post.

So could someone please explain what exactly is necessary for spectral renderings? (I know that it has been discussed in the training classes but unfortunatelly its not possible for me to attend them)

Cheers

bart
December 28th, 2006, 17:56
Spectral rendering in 3.5 does involve a bit of work and I'm thinking of making some things to make it easier with a tips page.

Do you have access to 3.5 standalone?

We have only covered spectral rendering in "customized" training. But, for your information, we will be having training in London, mid march. Check out the left side panel on http://www.lamrug.org for exact dates.