PDA

View Full Version : Massive mental ray shaders

good4you
February 9th, 2009, 01:56
Hello everyone,

I hope I can find a solution to a problem I am having. I am currently using massive and the mental ray standalone renderer. The problem I am having is i cannot solve how to get a bump map rendered out of massive. Currently massive doesnt support maya nodes at all, and it is rather frustrating finding a solution.

The only nodes that massive have are mib_bump_map2 and the mia_material_x which contains the overall bump. I have tried pluging in various texture maps tif's, jpg and mental rays map format still no bump.

I would really appreciate some help regarding this situation, currently I am running massive 3.5 and mentalray standalone 3.6.51 here in the office.

good4you
February 11th, 2009, 00:21
ok for those people interested I found a work around. The trick is to have your bump map in your color texture. Well how do you do this, by using photoshop, let me explain. Ok first take your color image, in photoshop under render> lighting effects choose a light, under the texure tab change to blue, this will simulate a bump onto of your texture by the angle of the light and the settings you choose.

Thats my workaround for the moment until someone has a better solution.

Puppet
February 25th, 2009, 16:28
You may view tutorial here:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2008\devkit\mentalray\docs\gett ingStarted\