Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mental mill 1.2 - release and download

Yep, thanks a lot!

This is great. But wait. I'm confused.

Is this a dead product or not? It was seemingly killed, it became almost impossible to get, and now out of nowhere there's a new version? Please, give us some clarity here, is this simply a courtesy release of old code which is no longer in development, or is work ongoing?

I was very fond of MM and distraught when it was seemingly consigned to the scrap heap - now it's acting like a zombie and I'm not sure if I should give it my brains or not.

At last. It was about time!

cool!
    new version, iray is working by mental mill?

Happy to see another release of "Mental Mill - SE". A few questions ...

1) Can you share the "roadmap" for "Mental Mill - SE" ?.
    2) It appears that NSight is under active development. https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-...studio-edition. Can you share the "vision" behind these two tools. Are they likely to merge ?.
    3) Is there a version of "Mental Mill - SE" within the recent versions of 3dsmax. (e.g 3dsmax 2013, 3dsmax 2014 etc) ?. I could only see versions that worked for "3dsmax 2011".

/rk

Quote Originally Posted by Amatic View Post
    This is great. But wait. I'm confused.

Is this a dead product or not? It was seemingly killed, it became almost impossible to get, and now out of nowhere there's a new version? Please, give us some clarity here, is this simply a courtesy release of old code which is no longer in development, or is work ongoing?

I was very fond of MM and distraught when it was seemingly consigned to the scrap heap - now it's acting like a zombie and I'm not sure if I should give it my brains or not.

I echo these sentiments. A "roadmap" for Mental-Mill alongwith Nsight would be helpfull.

/rk

I think 1.2 was the last version that was planned and so it was released but further development is dead/comatose.

I don't think enough major partners of nVidia adopted mental mill to make it a viable product. Although now I see lots of demand for this type of workflow and interface all over the place, maybe it was just too soon and can be revived (I hope).
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you over the head with experience."