Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Maya 2015 and mental ray GI GPU prototype

There is a solution to it, but not sure it reached Maya, I haven't tried Ext 1 yet. It's from the tiles. There is an offset string option to use in later 3.12 mental ray.

3.12 may not see updates for the prototype version since it was a test for a full-featured version in development.
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you over the head with experience."

GTX 980 is not working with gigpu? anyone tried on 980? GTX 670 renders fine with gi_gpu but 980 isn't rendering on gpu instead using cpu. Wow bought gtx980 but fell in trouble. Maxwell architecture is not supported i guess...
    Last edited by tuvshoo; November 26th, 2014 at 05:30.

Not for this development cycle I don't think but I'm still a generation behind anyway.
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you over the head with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by tuvshoo View Post
    GTX 980 is not working with gigpu?
    The GI GPU prototype in mental ray was developed and optimized for the Kepler GPU architecture, the most recent generation at the time. Since its set of features was quite limited we do not intend to continue this "as is" but work on a more complete and well integrated GI solution for mental ray that takes benefit of the GPU, and that is going to support Maxwell.

Are you using GI GPU in production ?

Hate to pull this from the grave, but for the life of me I can not get the script to work. I made a button on the shelf for it, put in the mel script, played it and got nothing. I'm not the most fluent with working with another person's script, so a little help to get this running would be greatly appreciated.