Thread: iray+ for students

Default iray+ for students

Hi,

I was wondering if iray+ will be available for students? I love being at the forefront of technology but 300-600$ a year is too much for a student to afford.

I've not received any answer from "iray@nvidia.com", I was wondering if discounted rates will be available?

As a teacher at various bay area schools I would like to know the same. I would like to have iray in every lab and affordable for my students. Any word?

I'd also appreciate if I could use Iray+ with my students. Autodesk have seen the wisdom of giving free educational access to their software - Perhaps Nvidia might follow suit

It may be an idea, even if Autodesk has lost a lot of paying customers. Many users use the student license, to work.

I have the same need, being instructor in particular of 3ds MAX (AutoCAD, Revit) and rendering. Until recently I was promoting Iray in my classes, and I still do (as long as it will be integrated in MAX).
    Recently the schools I work prompted me to prepare and hold Iray+ courses. But then I can not do the lessons because, ATC or schools that I teach, they do not have educational licenses.
    Which results in a less opportunity to push on the use of the render engine. And less dissemination for new users that translate into potential licenses sold.

As a fan I have always pushed the use of iray , through my website / blog or in my humble page on facebook . Even with public speeches and workshops . And , as I said before , always during my lessons Max .
    I like and I have followed him when he left . I also defended when I was being attacked for my choice , it ain private than in public .
    I'm sorry to say , however, that I personally believe that the very low number of users , it does well to iray / iray + . And any measure is taken to reverse this fact will be well received by all. Especially by me and people like me who makes propaganda for what he believes.
    Sorry for my English

should be free for nvidia gpu owners imho.