Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iray+ 3x Titanx performance

I appreciate you taking the time to report this. With a moderately heavy scene, you should be seeing 85-95% GPU utilization across all 3 cards.

I last had a 4 Titan box at my disposal a few months ago, so I'll need to hunt down a similar system here for retesting or see if our QA team has one available. We may need to make arrangements to get your scene if we can't reproduce this, but let's wait until I have tested my own scenes.

David Marks

ok thanks also the utilization of the cards is fine almost 100% but the render is slow. is there a chance the system scale has to do anything with that?
    i had similar issues long ago with corona and vray not be able to calculate GI and max crashing cause of it im working on Centimeters both unit and system
    another thing that its problematic is when i disable my main GPU (the one used by windows) somehow max and iray give me poor viewport performance it stuck every few seconds
    that thing should never happen since the render is on the other 2 GPUs but even with that i cant really navigate inside max in interactive active shade

i know that the problem its not my Rig as i told you before rendering in octane its all fine blender cycles also is fine and both are like 50 times faster than Iray thx for your time
    sorry for my english not my native language

It is hard for me to speculate what could be happening without seeing your scene.

You mention "interactive" active shade. Are you using "Iray+" or "Iray+ Interactive"?

I will contact you privately about getting your scene for troubleshooting.

ok thx alot for your time david

yea i mean active shade with iray+ not the interactive. another thing i noticed today is that the GPUs spike few times per minute for a second hmm
    also found this http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussi...-cuda-and-iray maybe its something with GTX Titan and windows 10?

We acknowledge that there seems to be a recent issue with this configuration. We are investigating.
    We do not know if falling back to an earlier driver will help or not, but it may be worth trying - especially if your system was delivering expected performance in the past.

- Phil

ok then which version should i install? im on 362.00 atm

ok im on 359.00 things render faster now almost double iterations per minute still not fast as cycles or octane but im sure we will get there also max viewport is more responsive now even with the main card rendering so i think its a driver titanx specific problem
    i will test more drivers and update the post

Great to hear. That helps us track down the issue as well.