Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feature requests and suggestions

I'd like to see a community cloud rendering service. People can donate a portion of their CPU/GPU power to the rendering cloud if they desire. I don't have the luxury of a super computer or a render farm and the online rendering services out there don't support iray/Maya as of yet, at least that I can find. I'd even be interested in a subscription cloud render service from Nvidia themselves. I know the company has a render farm somewhere.

I'd like to see the iray material library populate a thumbnail list in the native Maya visual convention. Or, script iray to have it's own visual library window. I'm quite annoyed by the slow current tree navigation without any visual representations. It's near trying to find a needle in the proverbial haystack. Feels alpha. To that note, live material thumbnails would also enhance the experience.

Like I've eluded to in the past, I'm a UX Designer (http://matth-design.com) and I know how you engineers can get with your passion for everything overly technical but don't forget about user experience.

Not being able to see material/texture representation in the viewport is kind of slowing process down. I know IPR is supposed to answer this, but being able to see the tonal differences in the viewport, instead of everything being one shade of grey can greatly help.

A motion blur for particles.
    This would be great for VFX in general, rain drops, snow, fast moving explosion debris, etc.

JC

Hi everybody, great work! i really like the vMaterial Library!
    It also would also be nice to have full text search bar in the material section and a filter option.
    For example you can search for metal or you can filter all metal materials and so on.

thx
    Last edited by atomac; February 18th, 2017 at 18:29.

Hi,
    some materials need more samples then others, therefore it would nice to have something like a per material extra sampling attribute,
    to give specific parts in the rendering more samples. And can you please add the handle attribute to the Maya spreadsheet attribute editor?.

thx

Improved implementation to viewport so that materials can be seen w/o ipr
    improved batch rendering so current frame can be seen as well as progress
    something like atmosphere in arnold? i just find it hard to make nice glowing effects
    maybe a fast preview like playblast