Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iray for Rhino Gallery

Lightbulb Iray for Rhino Gallery

Welcome to the Iray for Rhino Gallery!

Get inspired, inspire others!
    We would love to see the results of your work here. Upload and discuss renderings, this will be an open platform.
    Here is some eye candy to get you started with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Archinterior_Evermotion_vol_44_09_View_04.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	440.0 KB 
ID:	7561Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Archinterior_Evermotion_vol_44_09_View_05.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	338.9 KB 
ID:	7562Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Archinterior_Evermotion_vol_44_09_View_06.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	381.0 KB 
ID:	7563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Archinterior_Evermotion_vol_44_12_VolumeShot.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	398.9 KB 
ID:	7564

- Rüdiger

Archi-Delion - SNS 276 (Notre Dame des Flandres) - Rendered in Iray for Rhino

Name:	9_boat2.png 
Views:	426 
Size:	998.3 KB 
ID:	7572

Fabric Swatches - Rendered in Iray for Rhino - Using NVIDIA vMaterials Fabrics

Name:	fabric_post.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	7574

Acrylic Chair Design
    Whilst sitting on the toilet one day playing with my phone (sorry for the ghastly image), I roughly sketched a design for a chair. This is the result.

Name:	result_PS2.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	319.9 KB 
ID:	7594

It is meant to be acrylic but looks more like glass, even though the IOR setting matched an acrylic compound. (edit: I just realised why. The end profiles should be rough, not smooth. I shall have to create a two part texture map for the roughness...watch this space)

I am in the process of creating a scene with this as the focal point. Will upload when done.

Tony

p.s. Rudiger, great renders! Very inspiring! I just need the hardware to get something similar done quicker.

With added roughness mapping on edges:

Name:	result2_PS.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	7606
    Last edited by warmacre; May 10th, 2016 at 11:50.

Quote Originally Posted by warmacre View Post
    Acrylic Chair Design
    Whilst sitting on the toilet one day playing with my phone (sorry for the ghastly image), I roughly sketched a design for a chair. This is the result.

It is meant to be acrylic but looks more like glass, even though the IOR setting matched an acrylic compound. (edit: I just realised why. The end profiles should be rough, not smooth. I shall have to create a two part texture map for the roughness...watch this space)

I am in the process of creating a scene with this as the focal point. Will upload when done.

Tony

p.s. Rudiger, great renders! Very inspiring! I just need the hardware to get something similar done quicker.

With added roughness mapping on edges:
    Nice one Warmacre! I have to say though, nothing I have ever made with Acrylic had rough edges. Maybe that's because I always laser cut it...

Quote Originally Posted by egregiousRac View Post
    Nice one Warmacre! I have to say though, nothing I have ever made with Acrylic had rough edges. Maybe that's because I always laser cut it...
    Haha! OK, laser cutting it is then.

Lightbulb

You guys at the Iray team inspired me to do an oriental themed garden scene. I only managed to produce about 2400 iterations before I got an error, so there is still some noise. I will post this as an issue in a separate thing.

I particularly like the large vase texture where I combined - using the surface blender material - the terracotta and the peach porcelain materials (and the gold metal material using surface blender with a 'blend weight' mask) to get a slip wash effect.

Name:	Render6b.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	412.7 KB 
ID:	7637

Vase Design Texture(image below)
    This is something I spent a long time trying to get right. This is a single, enclosed polysurface. I have combined 4 different material types, utilising multiple Surface Blenders and using various texture and bumpmaps. The result is not perfect as, due to the UV mapping, some of the textures are stretched over the model, hence the jaggies in the middle (I really need to master UVMapping in Rhino for complex texture placements like this). Anyway, I thought I would share to show what can be achieved by stacking and combining materials. I will endeavour to perfect this though!

Name:	FourPots.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	410.0 KB 
ID:	7660
    Last edited by warmacre; May 23rd, 2016 at 00:02.

So how was the volumetric light effect done?

Rudiger,

As jcarruthers asked, how did you do the volumetric light effect in the last render? Is it post or did you somehow use an existing material? Maybe a transmission material with noise perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by warmacre View Post
    Rudiger,

As jcarruthers asked, how did you do the volumetric light effect in the last render? Is it post or did you somehow use an existing material? Maybe a transmission material with noise perhaps?

Ruediger, is out for a few weeks...I am sure when he is back he will be happy to explain how exactly this effect was achieved.

Regards,
    Debora