Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iray for Rhino Gallery

Hey Angus Luissen,

the images that I render are always "as-is". I take great care to produce renderings that show how photoreal the results can be when using carefully chosen texturing and lighting. In order to get a feeling for lighting (which I try to improve all the time) I can recommend reading about typical lighting techniques for product rendering for example (you can find a lot of videos about this topic on youtube) and everything that talks about lighting in general: Photography, Movie-Lighting, the same rules apply to these.

Back to the image I posted: The areas where you see the ghost lights have actual geometry in the scene that I am using, but you are absolutely right that they cannot be really seen in the rendering. I can assure you though that in the scene there is even geometry present.

Best Regards,
    Rüdiger

Some 'precious' renderings done in Iray for Rhino
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diamonds4.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	9056Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Displacement_diamond_material.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	9057

This one is a scene from the Iray for Rhino render competition we held last year - the original render was in daylight, I thought I give it a try and put it in an even more romantic mood.

Name:	Romantic_iray.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	9116

great work Rüdiger !

i like the last pic

Quote Originally Posted by ruediger View Post
    This one is a scene from the Iray for Rhino render competition we held last year - the original render was in daylight, I thought I give it a try and put it in an even more romantic mood.

Hey ! It´s an honnor for me, that´s a great render idea with my scene.

Best regards man!.

Hey Angus_Luissen,

thanks, it was a pleasure to work with your scene. How about you, do you have more renderings to show off in the gallery? We would be delighted.

All the best,
    Rüdiger

Some WIP work that I am doing right now... Modeling the Novation MININOVA and putting together some interesting materials for the semitransparent buttons of the synthesizer.

Name:	mininova, WIP.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	984.8 KB 
ID:	9352

Name:	mininova, WIP2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	9353

Name:	mininova, WIP3.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	807.0 KB 
ID:	9354
    Last edited by ruediger; May 9th, 2017 at 18:55.

Some WIP work that I am doing right now... Modeling the Novation MININOVA and putting together some interesting materials for the semitransparent buttons of the synthesizer.

Man I´m certanily not that pro as you are, But you made me remeber this job, is something that I have done recentely for a client, he is a musician and he wants to see his virtual console (first image) turned into something "more real" obviuslly it can be improved too much. but this is my result in 1 single day.

Name:	Virtual_Console.PNG 
Views:	45 
Size:	360.5 KB 
ID:	9362

Name:	console front  render.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	407.2 KB 
ID:	9363

Name:	Console Side render.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	342.9 KB 
ID:	9364

Hey Angus_Luissen,

thanks, it was a pleasure to work with your scene. How about you, do you have more renderings to show off in the gallery? We would be delighted.

All the best,
    Rüdiger
    If you let me, I can share with you guys my entire portfolio of renderig and design 99% of my portfolio was renderd with Iray ( only 3 old architectural renders was done with a rendering engine that I never want to use again) and 100% of it was modelled in Rhino.

I know taht it can be Improved Alot but as I work as freelance I don´t have too much time for my projects and is hard to go back and Improve renders and modelations when you have new project in queue. but any sugestions are apreciated. !

Here it is >>MY PORTFOLIO<<
    Last edited by Angus_Luissen; May 11th, 2017 at 17:27. Reason: typos

Audio gear always looks awesome... But that is me being a musician as well, so I guess that's the fetish we are having when it comes to this kind of gear.

For rendering, I always recommend putting some interesting large area lights at various positions and see how each single light source adds up to the global result. Just putting a light source to the left of the keyboard creates (in my opinion) already some very interesting shading. The ideas is always to have some fill-light and some additional lights for showing reflections for example.

I try to improve myself especially when it comes to lighting - godd lighting is the key to a good rendering, that's something that I learn again each day. So I think experimenting is always a good idea.

If I may give (constructive) feedback to the console rendering:
    * Sometimes reducing the intensity of colors makes materials look more real. Going to the extremes with colors is always something that should be done with caution.
    * Experiment with the lighting, you could try to use some fill lights from the sides.
    * When you have plastic materials go for the microstructured bump (download the automotive catalog, it comes with a procedural one). that additionally adds to the realism of material when you do closeups.
    * Take the time to do apply fillets at corners, that always improves the look.

And of course keep doing what you are doing, you will get better by looking at renders of other artists that you like and trying to get your images better and better.

Name:	singlelight.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	322.0 KB 
ID:	9366

Best Regards,
    Rüdiger