Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iray for Cinema 4D - Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey22 View Post
    I am using Iray for some product shots and can not seem to get the normal maps to render. Im using c4d r17, in the material editor Im using the normalizer effect but wen I render the effect dosent show?
    I suggest you post new thread on that topic, so we can discuss in depth how to get normal maps with MDL materials in Iray.

Quote Originally Posted by HansPeder View Post
    Where du i find a manual for Iray material ?
    There is no singular Iray material like Cinema's standard material, but a collection of ready-to-be-used materials based on MDL you can just use and adjust, and layer together. You may use the built-in material examples, or the so-called MDL core definitions, which provide basic effects you can plug together to form final and more complex materials. In addition, you can download the NVIDIA vMaterials from the NVIDIA.COM website giving you hundreds of high-end materials.

On the other hand, we see the benefit of having kind of a standard MDL material for Cinema, something that combines all possible effects into a single material. We are working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    There is no singular Iray material like Cinema's standard material, but a collection of ready-to-be-used materials based on MDL you can just use and adjust, and layer together. You may use the built-in material examples, or the so-called MDL core definitions, which provide basic effects you can plug together to form final and more complex materials. In addition, you can download the NVIDIA vMaterials from the NVIDIA.COM website giving you hundreds of high-end materials.

On the other hand, we see the benefit of having kind of a standard MDL material for Cinema, something that combines all possible effects into a single material. We are working on that.
    Hi, The nvidia vmaterials link is redirecting to the iray plugin download option also in the cinema4d i can only see limited materials not 100's of them. Please provide a direct link to download or specify how to get those 100's of high end materials.

Thanks,
    Saransh

Default NVIDIA website vMaterials download

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh View Post
    Hi, The nvidia vmaterials link is redirecting to the iray plugin download...
    That's right, and the vMaterials are contained there as an option for each platform, see attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iray Download Form - vMaterials.jpg