Thread: Render Stops Early

Default Render Stops Early

I am trying to render an animation in Rhino. The first frame renders completely, to 100%. The second frame stops rendering somewhere after 2%, but says complete. The resulting image is clearly at 2%. I believe it continues this way forward. I had to write a script to open and close Rhino for each frame, but it's a real nuisance. I enabled CPU and GPU after noticing it with only GPU. But it still happens. How do we fix it? I'm using the latest version of Iray for Rhino.

Code:
    Welcome to Iray for Rhinoceros
    (c) 2016 NVIDIA Corporation

Warning: The HDR used by this file could not be found. Using the default HDR instead.
      1.0   DB     db   warn : Committing transaction while transaction is blocked!
      1.3   IRAY   rend progr: CPU: Processing scene...
      1.2   IRAY   rend progr: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 780 Ti): Processing scene...
      1.5   IRAY   rend stat : Texture memory consumption: 1.43539 MiB (GPU)
      1.5   IRAY   rend stat : Material measurement memory consumption: 0 B (GPU)
      1.5   IRAY   rend stat : Materials memory consumption: 26.9336 KiB (GPU)
      1.2   IRAY   rend progr: CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 780 Ti): Processing scene...
      1.4   IRAY   rend progr: CPU: Processing scene...
      1.3   IRAY   rend stat : Texture memory consumption: 1.43539 MiB (GPU)
      1.3   IRAY   rend stat : Material measurement memory consumption: 0 B (GPU)
      1.3   IRAY   rend stat : Materials memory consumption: 26.9336 KiB (GPU)
      1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Transaction closed, stopping renderer.

Hi Gregory3000,

I just did a quick test with a "turn table animation" and the frames render 100% with Render Completion_”iterations” set to 2500.

Please check Settings_Production Render_ “Render Completion” and use Iterations. There seems to be a problem with Render Completion_"Time" (bug is logged) used with "animation".

Also, make sure that "Capture method" is set to "Renderfull" instead of Iray.

Hopefully this solves your problem.

Regards,
    Debora
    Last edited by deka727; July 22nd, 2016 at 21:06.

I am having a similar problem but I have tried using Render Completion "Time" and "Iteration" options and I have gotten the same result. First frame renders awesome and the rest render only a fraction. I have tried using a Rhino plugin called Bongo and I have tried using the rhino turntable render option. Neither have worked.

Any other suggestions?

guellem

Hi guellem,

Your situation seems quite odd, I have rhino turntable a test, and was able to get the renders to occur.

Are you using (renderfull) in your turntable options?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	render_completion.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	9216
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turntable.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	9217

-Mark

Yes. I am using full render and I have reset directories to clean folders to dump files...
    I have been thru this several time and I get the same result. Sometimes it works on a clean scene but if you cancel a render early, it will screw up all additional renderings until settings are changed. I now have a full blown turntable animation to do and it's giving me a major headache. Rebuilding the scene is not an option.

guellem

Quote Originally Posted by guellem View Post
    Yes. I am using full render and I have reset directories to clean folders to dump files...
    I have been thru this several time and I get the same result. Sometimes it works on a clean scene but if you cancel a render early, it will screw up all additional renderings until settings are changed. I now have a full blown turntable animation to do and it's giving me a major headache. Rebuilding the scene is not an option.

guellem

It also does not matter if I switch from 1 gpu to 2 gpus to CPU only. nothing works

If I change the number of frames in the turntable from 720 to 360 or 180, it seems to change the amount of rendertime I get. At 720 frames, I get 2% complete before it ends early, at 144 frames I get 28%...