Thread: Where to find documentation

Default Where to find documentation

Documentation in PDF format is included in the doc subdirectory of the installation directory of Iray Server.
    On Windows, this is typically C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Iray Server\doc.

I´m also try to find the documentation for iray server. I have installed the "iray server 2 Beta" (nothing else before) There is no documentation file in the directory.

Is it the only way to get informations after the intallation of iray server? Wehre I can find basic informations about iray server?

The easiest way to find the Iray Server documentation is to go to the About tab on the Queue Manager.
    There you will see links to the PDF's for the documentation and release notes.

- Phil

Ok, thanks, I have found the documentation, but:

I am not a computer profi. It is nearly impossible for me to config the Interface to render in a cluster. I´m only a user in 3ds-max and I have here to maschines with two Quadro 4000K each.

What is to do, to build the cluster with this to maschines?
    Wht is to do, to submit the job from 3ds to the render server? There is something written about a plugin, but only a link to the nvidia homepage.

How is it possible to get help here in germany, to config the Iray server in my network?
    Is there absolut no support from nvidia for professional users in Germany? It can not be, or?

Peter

First of all, you need an Iray client application that can connect to Iray Server. Since you are using 3ds Max, this would be the Iray for 3ds Max plugin from NVIDIA, as the native Iray capability provided by Autodesk within 3ds Max cannot. Are you using this plug-in?

Next, setting up the cluster is quite easy. You simply start Iray Server on every machine with a "-c1" argument to be part of "cluster 1" and give one of those machines an additional "-m" argument to designate that it is the master. From 3ds Max, you then connect to the master machine by indicating its IP address. If this doesn't work, then you should try using the TCPIP approach outlined in the documentation.

- Phil