Thread: what is the difference between mia photometric light,physical light and mila light

Lightbulb what is the difference between mia photometric light,physical light and mila light

guys....these three lights works the same...all of them makes area area light to behave like real world light....
    so what is difference between these three....what is the specialty about new mila light?
    i am bit confused....... :/

Using 3ds max or Maya. The mila_light shader is used by the Physical Area Light and the Object light automatically when you choose those two in Create>Lights menu in Maya.

The mila_light will evolve more as the physical_light will stay the same so legacy use will not be altered. We did add the ability to use textures to both. Though, further texture based additions may only go into mila_light.

You shouldn't have to learn how to connect that shader at first for simple use. Eventually, we will make translation even better than it is currently is, because duplicating as instances becomes a bit cumbersome if you want correct behavior.

The photometric light puts out photometric light transport values according to input choices. Eventually, this type of feature will be packaged with mila_light either directly or through a Phenomenon that combines light shaders into one used by a DCC package's light. Also note that using color temperature (mib_blackbody) for color selection will be incorporated into mila_light similarly.
    Barton Gawboy

okay thankyou

I have a little question about MILA_light too :
    Is there any workaround to use light Profile with it ?

I've been playing with a bunch of different light types, and they give me all very ... the overall illuminance on the ground plane between the different lights. ... photometric.jpg ... I thought the physical light shader was changed so sampling ... The shader ball is Mila (I also tried with MIA and got same results) ..

The Cheesy Animation :- http://3d-rendering-services.uk/3d-a...cgi-animation/

Hey i also want to know about these things