Thread: to many Hardcore Bug in mkental ray 3dsmax2017! No Proxies, No Photons and other Bugs

Default to many Hardcore Bug in mkental ray 3dsmax2017! No Proxies, No Photons and other Bugs

Hi Guys+Girls,

I have installed 3dsmax2107, DBR is working (with tricks and help from user of autodesk area). and here the Hardcore Bugs. We can´t use 3dsmax2017: not for testing, and not for commercial project! No way.

3dsmax2017_proxie_error2.JPG
    3dsmax2017_photon_error.JPG

mfg
    hot chip

Do proxies actually show up in SP2? We didn't even bother after the initial release and we couldn't create proxies in 2017. Trying to render old 2016 scenes with proxies crashes to the desktop.

I miss the old mental ray

two New BUG in 3dsmax2017. "BRDF" + "Autovolumen".

no wonder that it is not running.

PS: the new physical Material looks great, but in the depth is very slow. The coat option takes rendertime, and you can´t disable the internal layering structur. My MILA_Architectural_Physical with Coating options is much faster, and you can 100% disable every layer.

My MILA-Library + Converter is comming soon. I will wait of Service Pack III

3dsmax2017_brd_bug.JPG
    3dsmax2017_autovolumen_bug.JPG

Sorry you're finding issues.
    Please report these on Autodesk's AREA forum, as they relate to the feature within the Autodesk product.
    Autodesk needs to prioritize it to us for fixing and then we can assist them.
    We otherwise have no ability to modify what Autodesk ships within their product.

- Phil
    Last edited by Phillip Miller; October 5th, 2016 at 22:59.

Hello Phillip,

believe me, i have this post on Autodesk Area Forum : http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-ma...l/td-p/6593988

We are waiting, and then is the sun shining.

cheers
    thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

I would like to know if you had done Render Optimizer for 2017 version? Do you know a trick to exclude an object from GI next? (by ray type switch or by object property)

thanks,
    Olivier