Thread: Beta Version 1.2 Available with Pascal GPU Support

Exclamation Beta Version 1.2 Available with Pascal GPU Support

Hi,

we are pleased to provide a Beta version of the Iray for Cinema 4D plugin with support for Pascal GPUs.

Downloads:
    Iray for Cinema 4D R16 1.2 Beta
    Iray for CInema 4D R17 1.2 Beta
    Iray for Cinema 4D R18 1.2 Beta

Regarding features, the plugin is compatible with the latest 1.1 release. It is based on the latest core Iray 2016.2 version, which adds Pascal GPU support and Single Passs Stereo rendering for VR.

Note, the Beta version is only available from the direct links above, it will not download from the Iray License Manger automatically.
    This release has no effect on your current licensing status. It will continue to work with your existing license or the initial 90-day trial period. However, the Beta will expire on January 1, 2017. The official Pascal update of the plugin will be delivered through auto-update until end of this year.

If you intend to use Iray Server with this Beta, please obtain the Iray Server 2.1 Beta in the Iray Server Forum. This Iray Server version will work with either the Iray for Cinema 4D 1.2 Beta or the current Iray for Cinema 4D 1.1 Release.

We look forward to your feedback.

Thank you,
    Steffen
    The Iray for Cinema 4D team
    Last edited by steve; November 15th, 2016 at 15:17. Reason: wording

So what are the plans for updating the Pascal 1.2 version? My beta plugin is working fine, but this post sounds like the 1.2 will stop working on January 1st.

It would be nice to at least extend the usage until you have something to replace it. Not just yank it back from us. Thanks.

Hi Simu,

perfect time to ask, we are currently rolling out the release version of the Pascal-enabled Iray plugin.

Best, Steffen

Thank you for the update, Steve. I'll be looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simu View Post
    Thank you for the update, Steve. I'll be looking for it.
    It is going to be announced through the Iray License Manager tool on your desktop / taskbar (if you let it run in the background).

Don't you mean the newly renamed "Nvidia Professional Application Center?"

Just kidding. I knew what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Simu View Post
    Don't you mean the newly renamed "Nvidia Professional Application Center?"
    Seems you are perfectly up-to-date with our software. That's great!

I am considering purchasing Iray for Cinema 4D but was hoping to see how it runs/ is supported for the Maxwell Titan X Pascal I have freshly acquired.
    is there a way i can get my demo extended through the beta? I don't want to pay for a Buggy Beta as part of my subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by HanzCholo View Post
    I am considering purchasing Iray for Cinema 4D but was hoping to see how it runs/ is supported for the Maxwell Titan X Pascal I have freshly acquired.
    is there a way i can get my demo extended through the beta? I don't want to pay for a Buggy Beta as part of my subscription.
    That is certainly possible. Please contact arc-licensing@nvidia.com about your special request.