Thread: spot light fog?

Default spot light fog?

Hi,

The light fog in the light effects tab is not supported by the latest mentalray on Maya 2017?

Best Regards,

Hi Sersia,

Do you have that fog working in an earlier version of Maya? I have run across either the same bug you see or something similar, which can be recreated by: 1. Create Spotlight 2. Click its Light Effects 3. Click Light Fog 4. Compare render between Maya Software and mentalray. The last time I saw Maya light fog working in Maya mentalray following those steps was in Maya 2012. Do you have a scene file you could share, or, steps to reproduce?

Angie

Quote Originally Posted by atraeger View Post
    Hi Sersia,

Do you have that fog working in an earlier version of Maya? I have run across either the same bug you see or something similar, which can be recreated by: 1. Create Spotlight 2. Click its Light Effects 3. Click Light Fog 4. Compare render between Maya Software and mentalray. The last time I saw Maya light fog working in Maya mentalray following those steps was in Maya 2012. Do you have a scene file you could share, or, steps to reproduce?

Angie
    Hi,

It is working in Maya 2016 mentalray, but not for Maya 2016 extension pack and Maya 2017.

Best Regards,

Hi Sersia, Can you give me some steps to reproduce your light fog? Thanks, Angie

I had problems with fog too during the beta.

I my case it was with the mib_volume + gi-next :
    https://forum.nvidia-arc.com/showthr...-My-test-scene

Thanks Fed for the pointer to the scene and thread. I'll try to reproduce it on my side. Sersia, I'm curious if the fog method you are using is similar to Fed's. -Angie