Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA IndeX for ParaView plugin 1.1 released!

Lightbulb NVIDIA IndeX for ParaView plugin 1.1 released!

Dear users,

We are happy to announce an update release of NVIDIA® IndeX™ for ParaView® Plugin 1.1 version enabling large-scale and high-quality volume data visualization capabilities of the NVIDIA IndeX library inside Kitware’s ParaView.

Please note that installing NVIDIA® IndeX™ for ParaView® Plugin 1.1 on Windows will override any of the previous plugin installations. On Linux the installers will create folders for respective plugin versions.

Download:

If you haven't downloaded the plugin yet, please do so from here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/index-paraview-plugin.html INVALID DOWNLOAD LINKS

Licensing:

The NVIDIA IndeX for ParaView plugin comes with a free workstation license that enables exploiting the capabilities of a single GPU. If you aim to use NVIDIA IndeX on a cluster of multiple hosts and/or with multiple NVIDIA GPUs, then please contact us for the appropriate licensing.

Features:

• Unstructured grid volume rendering support.
    • Free single GPU version for leveraging today's GPU performance.
    • Multi-GPU and and GPU cluster support for scalable real-time visualization of datasets of arbitrary sizes. Requires an appropriate license(please contact us).

User guide for the plugin: nvidia_index_paraview_plugin.A4.pdf

Happy viz and don't hesitate to post questions!

EDIT: For ParaView 5.3 and 5.4

Please use these links to download the plugin:
    ftp://ftp.nvidia-arc.com/private/paraview-5.3-plugin-1.1-nt-x86-64-283765.12471.exe (14279728 bytes)

Download links are invalid, please download the plugin directly from Kitware website as part of v5.5 nightly builds: https://www.paraview.org/download/
    Last edited by mahendragr; March 21st, 2018 at 11:51. Reason: Added links for ParaView 5.3 and 5.4 version of the plugin

How does the download process look like? I've registered to test the plugin (using the given form), however have not yet received any details... Should I wait couple of days more or re-send the form?

Hey kulka, I suppose that you registered for the plugin download by clicking the links in the end of http://www.nvidia.com/object/index-paraview-plugin.html, right? I personally did so as well. Because I am a PhD student, I decided to register for both the cluster edition and the workstation edition. I did receive emails for both registrations but only the workstation edition contained the needed plugin download information. Perhaps they have not released the cluster edition yet because I have not received any plugin download information for it. So, did you register only for the cluster edition? If you did, then it may explain why you did not receive any information yet. You could try to register for the workstation edition.

I have also my own question regarding the plugin version 1.1 (for Paraview 5.2). I successfully installed it to Paraview 5.2 and followed the pdf instructions until the simple wavelet test. The first try failed saying that my NVIDIA Quadro K2000 driver (353.62) and CUDA driver (7.5) were too old. Now the graphics card driver is updated to 361.91 with CUDA 8.0 (6.14.13.6191). For now, I cannot obtain the very latest drivers. Now I get an error that 'CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version'. What are the CUDA driver version requirements for the plugin version 1.1 and why? Is there a good reason that the older versions of CUDA (such as 7.5 or even 8.0) are not supported? PS. I did not try the plugin version 1.0 yet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OldCUDA.PNG 
Views:	47 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	9602

Hi Kulka,

If you register here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/index-p...-download.html you should automatically get a link to download free version of the plugin.

If you register here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/index-p...-download.html you will get an email asking for more details for the cluster version of the plugin.

EDIT:

ftp://ftp.nvidia-arc.com/private/par...3765.12471.exe (14279728 bytes)
    ftp://ftp.nvidia-arc.com/private/par...3765.12471.exe (14280848 bytes)

Regards,
    Mahendra
    Last edited by mahendragr; July 26th, 2017 at 11:14. Reason: Added download links

Hi Jholmi,

Actual error is in the first line with license being expired. We are currently in the process of updating the plugin binaries on our webpage compatible with ParaView 5.3 and 5.4, will make a post as soon as it is available.

EDIT:

ftp://ftp.nvidia-arc.com/private/par...3765.12471.exe (14279728 bytes)
    ftp://ftp.nvidia-arc.com/private/par...3765.12471.exe (14280848 bytes)

Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Mahendra
    Last edited by mahendragr; July 26th, 2017 at 11:15. Reason: Added download links

Hi Mahendra,

Thanks a lot for the new links. There is no "license error" anymore with the plugin for Paraview 5.4. Looking forward to plugin update for Linux-version Paraview.

Sincerely,

Hank

Okey, thanks a lot for the updated binaries! I tested both Paraview 5.3 and 5.4 plugin versions, but I could not get the wavelet example working. I ran both tests on Paraview zip-binaries (portable versions) using user-rights (no admin-rights easily available) with NVIDIA driver 361.91 (but latest not easily available) with CUDA 8.0 (6.14.13.6191). The plugin dlls were extracted from the exe (using 7-zip) to the bin-folder as guided in the pdf. In both test cases the plugin loaded ok but wavelet example was not successful. Here are the results:

I hope these will help you to pinpoint the problems. I am looking forward to the next plugin binary updates!
    Sincerely, jtholmi

Hi jtholmi,

Minimum driver version required is 362.56 as listed in the readme file, some of the features that are used inside the library might only be available in the recommended driver version or onwards.

Only way is to try the plugin on a different machine with recommended drivers and see if this is really the issue you are facing.

Regards,
    Mahendra

Any information on when the Linux versions of the plugin for ParaView 5.3 and 5.4 will be available?
    Or at least for ParaView 5.2 ? The links I got after registration show only Linux versions for ParaView 5.0.1 and 5.1?

Also, will the new versions work with NetCDF files? Has anyone tested this successfully? I tried the v1.0 on ParaView 5.1 but never managed to get a volumetric visualization with NetCDF files, instead the data set used to become invisible.

Cheers,
    Felicia