Thread: Iray Live and Iray Streaming Issues

Default Iray Live and Iray Streaming Issues

Hello,

I have an Iray server setup that is connected to 4 render nodes (PCs with K2000s). I've rendered a few tests successfully with them so they appear to be working and are showing up as resources correctly.

When I connect to the server to use Iray Streaming, the window says there are no nodes available. What needs to be done server or client side for these to show up properly?

When I activate Iray Live in the View panel, it unhides every object that is set to hidden in the Layers utility.

How do we tell Iray Live to stop displaying objects that are hidden in layers?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by roman_concrete View Post
    When I connect to the server to use Iray Streaming, the window says there are no nodes available. What needs to be done server or client side for these to show up properly?
    Did you stop the queue? You can use either streaming or queuing in Iray Server, but not both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by roman_concrete View Post
    How do we tell Iray Live to stop displaying objects that are hidden in layers?
    The layer properties are currently not fully respected. We are working on a fix.

Thanks for reporting (case #17995).

Streaming is only supported by a single machine with Iray Server.
    If your machines are setup as a cluster, then streaming mode is automatically disabled.
    To use a machine for streaming, make sure you don't have any cluster or master designation in the Iray Server startup.

- Phil

Thanks for the information everyone.

Looking forward to the hidden object fix in the future.

If I understand correctly, an Iray Server machine that is used for streaming is in something of a special category.

I had been trying to stream from a machine that was designated as Master.