Thread: Scripted Activation ?

Default Scripted Activation ?

We have obtained our license and setup our licensing server. Is there a way to script activation/point the clients to the server, without having to touch the nVidia professional application center (IrayLM) on every machine ? We our running OSX clients. Cant find any documentation on such a method.

Try using the environment variable

NVIDIA_LICENSE_FILE

or

LM_LICENSE_FILE

The env var can point to the server like 27000@your_license_server
    Or it can point to a directory for a .lic file that points to the server, or a directory containing .lic files.
    The first is probably the simplest in your case.

Which port did you use?

Note that is some cases if you didn't specify exactly, then @your_license_server will cover all the default ports from 27000 up to the top of the default range used by Flexera.
    Barton Gawboy

we specified 27000 during setup

I have set both environment variables LM_LICENSE_FILE and NVIDIA_LICENSE_FILE and verified that they do have the correct value set by reading them back through the terminal. They are both set to 27000@mylicenseserver.myorg.org, and that value works when I manually activate it with the NVIDIA Professional Application Center GUI tool

With those variables set, when I run the NVIDIA Professional Application Center it does not report as being activated. I myself know of no other way to tell if it is actually activated or not.

Please advise.
    Last edited by vcuarts; January 31st, 2017 at 21:36.

Another way to check, is to run a Batch Render to see if it works.

The env vars should be a way to not have to use NVPAC to point to the server. You will miss out on update notifications not running the NVPAC, but typically people use env vars for render farms or other site wide installations. Where there is someone responsible for tracking updates at least on one system.
    Barton Gawboy

We would like to follow up with you regarding the env variables. When set, you should not have to use the NVPAC to point the mental ray for Maya plugin to them.

Is Maya being started in an environment which has the env variable set?
    Barton Gawboy

Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    We would like to follow up with you regarding the env variables. When set, you should not have to use the NVPAC to point the mental ray for Maya plugin to them.

I know this was from 7 months ago but it did work, I have a LaunchAgent set both variables NVIDIA_LICENSE_FILE and LM_LICENSE_FILE

Great to know. Does this make the installations easier?
    Barton Gawboy