Thread: Professional App Center not accepting license file

Default Professional App Center not accepting license file

Hi,
    I have successfully gone through all the steps to get to the Generate Licenses page.

I generated my License, saved the .lic file then added it to the Professional Application Center .lic file text box using the 'Select File' button, I then push the 'Add License' button and get this error window saying - !Failed to add license for mentalray 3.14 for Maya 2017 [-12] please refer to support forums.

Any help very appreciated.

I also had same issue.
    You should add license via FlexNet interface before http://localhost:8090
    Pavel Ledin

Thanks Pavel,

I did what you said but the FlexNet Publisher shows no Product, it's just blank except for a colon.
    I have mental ray - Network which I presume is floating and that is why I need to use FlexNet.

David

yes, use the Network configuration. Did you follow the step-by-step guide in the doc? Its called Quick Network License Setup. Are you on Windows? That will guide you, and you can find it from the Start menu, in the mental ray for Maya section. If you are on MacOS, we have a post for it, that I recently bumped up.

We need to know what stage of the process you are at.

Activating a license happens on the software licensing center site, and allows you to create the .lic licensing file from a product activation key.
    Installing the license on the server (assuming you have installed the license server)
    Pointing NVPAC to the license server

As mentioned in our sticky thread about licensing tips, the Product will not appear in the licensing center site, until you activate your key.
    Also, if you already have the .lic from activating the key, in the web interface at localhost:8090 , you need to login as admin, click on vender daemon tab to import the license file.

So I assume you have a key and need to activate it to create the license?
    You are running lmadmin (license server) on the same machine as Maya and the mental ray plugin?
    Barton Gawboy

Success,
    Thank you.

After reading section 1.4 more closely and searching for info on the IT terminology I finally managed it. It does warn you on the purchasing page - "This license requires advanced networking knowledge" but I thought it couldn't be that difficult.

Thank you again for your help, I finally have Mental Ray again

Just one more question - I have a GTX 980 ti, will that be able to take advantage of GI-Next considering it uses Cuda or only Quadros?

David

GI-Next is accelerated by all CUDA-capable devices, so your GTX 908 will do just fine.
    That's actually the case for all renderers that we produce - be it Mental Ray, Iray, or OptiX - all use NVIDIA GPUs the same.

- Phil

We need to know what stage of the process you are at.