Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhino 6?

Question Rhino 6?

Will you plan to make iray work under Rhino6 during the WIP process?
    Best Regards
    Steven

Hi Steven,

we develop Iray for Rhino 2.0 for Rhino 6. This will be a version that is more thoroughly integrated into the application than the 1.x versions and we are working on improving many things, material handling being a big topic and I recall writing down some of your feedback that you gave a while ago and that we were considering when doing the new workflow design. If zou have anz more wishes and ideas, let us know for sure. We are considering doing a Beta-program for the plugin, but in that case that would be restricted to users working with Rhino 6 WIP as well.

Best Regards,
    Rüdiger

Quote Originally Posted by ruediger View Post
    Hi Steven,

we develop Iray for Rhino 2.0 for Rhino 6. This will be a version that is more thoroughly integrated into the application than the 1.x versions and we are working on improving many things, material handling being a big topic and I recall writing down some of your feedback that you gave a while ago and that we were considering when doing the new workflow design. If zou have anz more wishes and ideas, let us know for sure. We are considering doing a Beta-program for the plugin, but in that case that would be restricted to users working with Rhino 6 WIP as well.

Best Regards,
    Rüdiger
    Rendering is the only thing I actually use V5 for anymore, so I'd be very interested to test anything out.

It would be great to get some access to the Rhino wip6 Iray 2.0 beta... Like jcarruthers, I'd be 100% Rhino 6 if it wasn't for Iray.

...and T-Splines.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by guellem View Post
    It would be great to get some access to the Rhino wip6 Iray 2.0 beta... Like jcarruthers, I'd be 100% Rhino 6 if it wasn't for Iray.

...and T-Splines.
    Unfortunately! Autodesk T-spline will not support Rhino 6.

According to the Rhino support group the V6 SDK is "frozen" so it's time to start testing plugins. Hint, hint.

I agree. Some of the other changes in V6 for handling tessellation and very large assemblies are very significant. Rhino V6 needs Iray.

Quote Originally Posted by ruediger View Post
    We are considering doing a Beta-program for the plugin, but in that case that would be restricted to users working with Rhino 6 WIP as well.
    Hi Rüdiger. I'm working professionally using the Rhino6 beta and I will love to betatest also the Iray2 for Rhino. For Rhino6 beta I reported some bugs I found.

With handing over development to our partner companies, I cannot tell what the current state of this. That said, though I still take a look at the forum here I am no longer part of the Iray for Rhino development within NVIDIA. We have handed over the project to another company that will continue development from there.
    I can say that at the moment of writing the blog post I was hoping to establish a beta program for IFR 2.0 in Rhino 6 as soon as possible to gather userfeedback and to let users influence the development by giving their feedback. Right now I am no longer in the position to make any promises and given I had known that this would happen I most probably would not have made this announcement.

I can assure you though that the new forum for the Iray plugins will be up soon and the new development teams are waiting to get engaged with all of you. I had the opportunity to meet some of them and can assure you that these are very dedicated people. So right now I recommend to wait for the new Iray plugins forum to open and move there as soon as it is up. We will post an announcement on this forum as soon as the new forum is up.

Best Regards,
    Rüdiger