Thread: New Pricing and Options

Default New Pricing and Options

For Iray Server:
    There are now 5-Pack options that provide a 1/3 price reduction. '

The price of network licenses has been increased by about 1/3 to be more in line with industry norms. This increase is to cover the additional support costs we have in making customers successful with this enterprise licensing type.

We are planning to provide a Pro GPU license type later this summer that will be at 1/3 the normal local license pricing.

- Phil

Industry norm? Thea Render for 3ds max does all the same things that iray+ does, this is coming from personal experience with both. For $429, this includes two server installs bundled. Additional server installs are $53.20.

To get the same from your product I have to buy the iray+ plugin for 3ds max ($295.00) and (2) IRAY SERVER licenses for ($590.00) for a total of $885.00. DOUBLE what your competition is asking. I'd sharpen your pencils if I were you.

-Tony

Hi Tony,

The Iray mode of Mental Ray that's been included in versions of 3ds Max prior to v2018 was quite good, but it didn't (it couldn't) provide all the functionality that the Iray for 3ds Max plugin provides. This includes the very fast Iray Interactive mode, MDL materials, cluster rendering, and streamed rendering. Please check out my post in the 3ds Max forum for how things are evolving for you with both Mental Ray and Iray in 3ds Max 2018. The Pro GPU license type for 3ds Max is only $95/year or $65/year as a 5-pack.

By industry norms, I was referring to network licensing usually costing more than local licensing. Actual product pricing of course varies between companies and their offerings for many reasons.

The consumer (myself) doesn't care about various reasons why this cost more than that, when a product is apples to apples, and A cost less than B, they pick the cheapest option. I couldn't find the Pro GPU licensing on your site, that does indeed make things more attractive, price wise, for your product. What will the pricing be for the server licensing on Pro GPU hardware? Both my primary workstation and secondary rendering machine have Nvidia Quadro cards.

Thanks,

-Tony

You may need to refresh your browser's cache as the online store page was revised yesterday.
    On it you will find Pro GPU license options for Mental Ray for Maya, and Iray & Mental Ray for 3ds Max (as those two are no combined). Please note that Iray for 3ds Max can't use this license until its next (version 2) release later this month.

Pricing is the same across all of our offerings to the same license type.
    We will bring Pro GPU license options to our remaining products (including Iray Server) as they get updated this summer.

- Phil

100% Agree here Tony. This is priced higher than other render engines as soon as you want to distribute to more than one machine. Oh, and don't miss the fine print, need pro cards to stream as if everyone isn't using GTX's.

Support??? Did someone say support? Can't find that anywhere.

To what post are you referring, AAD?
    to that may 2017th post?