Thread: Iray+ for 3ds max is amazing but wheres the rest of the maps!?

Angry Iray+ for 3ds max is amazing but wheres the rest of the maps!?

mulit sub object, mix, composite, etc etc it seems you lose access to them when you use iray+. Im a little confused on how i would use multiple materials on an object without multi sub map. Are these maps coming soon or are they just not included?

As I understand it, because Iray+ is a physically based \ accurate engine, imaginary or non physically accurate materials or conditions won't work. How would you have two things in the same place for instance (mix) ?

hmm alright that makes sense.. but isnt multi/sub object a realistic condition? or is there some other way of putting multiple materials on different faces of an object that im just not aware of, im pretty sure the multi sub object was available in the regular iray that used to come with max.

Have the separate faces in question be separate object, you can group them together in Max to make translating them manageable. This is what I do. to select individual objects in after grouping, select the group then goto group tab and "open recursively"

As for mix materials, I thought about this the other day and I know other engines that are based off the same architecture are able to do this, perhaps Iray+ will support this in future release.

wow awesome!!! solved my problem. Thanks!!

Happy to be of assistance.