Thread: Mental Ray (May 17th release) - Hair and fur has no color - inherits mesh color

Default Mental Ray (May 17th release) - Hair and fur has no color - inherits mesh color

I have attached a simple scene for the hair and fur test. A sphere with blonde hair (as seen in the viewport), but renders purple. It seems Mental Ray is grabbing the object's mesh color and applying it to the hair and fur.

(I have also attached a render for those who want to preview it before opening the project.)

[For clarification, this is Mental Ray version 1.0.1, not 1.0. This was the one prepared for download on May 17th.]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by IsaacNorman; May 19th, 2017 at 18:46.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacNorman View Post
    I have attached a simple scene for the hair and fur test. A sphere with blonde hair (as seen in the viewport), but renders purple. It seems Mental Ray is grabbing the object's mesh color and applying it to the hair and fur.

(I have also attached a render for those who want to preview it before opening the project.)

[For clarification, this is Mental Ray version 1.0.1, not 1.0. This was the one prepared for download on May 17th.]
    If something isn't explicitly mentioned as fixed in the release notes, it probably isn't. Also, it has been reported in other threads, so you don't really need to make a new one.
    i7-6800K @ 3.40, 16GB RAM, NVidia GFX760 4GB, Windows 10 x64

I had mentioned in a conversation somewhere that fur was working for me in 1.0.1, so this may be a new issue. Thanks for the scene, I'll take a look at it now.