Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Vfb_method.ms script errror

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9

    Angry Vfb_method.ms script errror

    since i have installed Nvidia Mental ray on my PC i got a script error in Vfb_method.ms

    If i uninstall MR everything is OK ( unfortunately no MR )

    The same problem i heard from lot of my clients.


    It looks like Nvidia modify the Autodesk script file "Vfb_method.ms"


    is there already a solution available from Nvidia ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default Nvida Mental Ray Developers pleas help

    Maybe this information helps the developers:

    as far as i see until now the described error only appears if i start the German MAX 2018 Version
    also the slides are missed at the German version


    Please solve this problem asap






    Quote Originally Posted by joko View Post
    since i have installed Nvidia Mental ray on my PC i got a script error in Vfb_method.ms

    If i uninstall MR everything is OK ( unfortunately no MR )

    The same problem i heard from lot of my clients.


    It looks like Nvidia modify the Autodesk script file "Vfb_method.ms"


    is there already a solution available from Nvidia ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joko View Post
    Maybe this information helps the developers:

    as far as i see until now the described error only appears if i start the German MAX 2018 Version
    also the slides are missed at the German version


    Please solve this problem asap
    This is a known problem, which was partly fixed I think. However only for the en-US locale.
    After testing further I can confirm, that not only the German but any other non en-US 3DS Max 2018 language is affected by this.
    the corresponding bug number is 1931620. To whomever it may concern @NVIDIA.
    This script error leaves a rather bitter taste behind.
    Especially if one wants to do demos for clients and first has to remove error messages in order to use 3ds Max.
    Running those demos in your preferred local language is something quite a lot of people will do ?

    regards

    Andre Reschke

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default Nvidia Support Team - Please help

    !!!!! is ther realy no member of the Nvidia Support team who is able to answer !!!!

    >>> As Nvidia Developer you shoud be happy to get such a verifiable Error description >>>>>

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joko View Post
    !!!!! is ther realy no member of the Nvidia Support team who is able to answer !!!!

    >>> As Nvidia Developer you shoud be happy to get such a verifiable Error description >>>>>
    Hi joko,

    Thanks for the information. We are looking into this and will let you know what new info we can provide.

    Jay

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Axe View Post
    Hi joko,

    Thanks for the information. We are looking into this and will let you know what new info we can provide.

    Jay


    something new ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Berlin/Germany
    Posts
    1,148

    Lightbulb

    Here is a quick fix for the German version of 3ds Max 2018.

    Unpack the attached file and copy to <3ds Max 2018 Root>/de-DE/stdplugs/stdscripts/.
    It's certainly a good idea to make a backup of the original file just in case

    It should fix the script error and the render window UI for mental ray.
    The quality sliders for FG/GI still do not work as expected.

    Please let us know if it works for you.

    UPDATE: Attachment was renewed, and now contains a working version.



    Hier gibt es einen schnellen Fix für die deutsche Version von 3ds Max.

    Die angehängte Datei entpacken, und kopieren nach <3ds Max 2018 Programm Ordner>/de-DE/stdplugs/stdscripts/.
    Besser ist natürlich vorher eine Backup Kopie des Original Skriptes zu machen, zur Sicherheit

    Das sollte die Skript Fehlermeldung beheben beim Start von Max,
    und auch das Render Window für mental ray sollte nun funktionieren.
    Einige Schieberegler für FG/GI gehen aber nicht richtig.

    Viele Grüsse,
    Steffen
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by steve; April 16th, 2018 at 18:40. Reason: german version

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Here is a quick fix for the German version of 3ds Max 2018.

    Unpack the attached file and copy to <3ds Max 2018 Root>/de-DE/stdplugs/stdscripts/.
    It's certainly a good idea to make a backup of the original file just in case

    It should fix the script error and the render window UI for mental ray.
    The quality sliders for FG/GI still do not work as expected.

    Please let us know if it works for you.

    Viele Grüsse,
    Steffen
    Now the script error occurs while trying to resolve the resourceID "MAXTRANSMISSIONLABEL".
    So sadly it does not fix the overall behavior.
    Also the zip file contains an folder __MACOSX.
    While most likely not being relevant to the script error it is probably not meant to be in there.

    regards

    Andre Reschke

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by areschke View Post
    Now the script error occurs while trying to resolve the resourceID "MAXTRANSMISSIONLABEL".
    So sadly it does not fix the overall behavior.
    Also the zip file contains an folder __MACOSX.
    While most likely not being relevant to the script error it is probably not meant to be in there.

    regards

    Andre Reschke


    >>>>>> I agree - same problem tested on 2 PC´s

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Berlin/Germany
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    It worked for me without error in 3ds Max 2018 German version. Let me verify again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •