Thread: flickering and flashing on Iray+ interactive animation

Exclamation flickering and flashing on Iray+ interactive animation

Hi,
    when i do an animation with Iray+ interactive, there is a flashing due to the bounces. Some surfaces hit by light are not uniform and there is a discontinuity, so it flashes.
    How can I solve it?

Thank you

Best regards

You're rendering an animation sequence with the iray+ interactive engine, rather than the iray+ production render engine? am i understanding this correctly? Or are you just watching "through" and animated camera in active shade mode as it's moving around a scene? A little more information will be helpful. If the case is the latter, unfortunately short of simplifying your scene or adding GPU resources, there isn't a lot that can be done.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

-Tony

Hi Tony,
    Yes, I'm rendering an animation with iray+ interactive. My hardware is CPU I7, 32 Gb RAM with two GTX 1070 8GB. The rendering uses both GPUS and it's very fast.

The video is this:

Yes, I'm rendering an animation with Iray+ interactive. My hardware si I7 cpu 32 gb ram and two GTX1070 8GB.

On underside of soffits, i see the flickering. Are there two surfaces very close to one another at this location? Also this is an indirectly lit area, so this takes more time to clear up than a directly illuminated surface.

No, there is only one surface. It's not normal the flickering on those surfaces. I think it's a Iray bug.

i have duplicated this on an interior scene with indirect illumination. i have played with the settings of iray+ interactive and iray+ rendering and find that interactive always gives some level of flickering when simulate bounced light is selected. i have also found that the amount of time rendering each frame with interactive is similar or equal to the amount of time to render with iray+ production - with a certain amount of grain. the conclusion i reached is that overall the quality of the image/lighting is much better than trying to use interactive. also, grain can be reduced considerably in a program like adobe after effects noise filter.