Thread: whats the difference between iray+ and mental ray iray?

Default whats the difference between iray+ and mental ray iray?

I used the iray+ free trial and it was amazing some of my best renders but now i dont actually even see an option to buy iray+ on the store its only iray and mental ray plugin?
    Anyways i downloaded the trial of that and it seems like "mental ray iray" is awful way more fireflies, which i never saw any with iray+... it feels like the iray that came with 3ds max 2016..not very good also the material parameters in arch and design are now different from the iray+ plugin.
    im so confused!!!!!

so how to buy "iray+" for 3ds max and another thing i just updated to 3dsmax 2018 recently and now i see that iray 2018 isnt even out yet. so any idea when thats releasing?

iray+ for 3dsmax 2018 isn't released yet.

if you buy the license for 3ds max, it covers whatever installation of max you have in your subscription period. So you get the plugin for 2018 when it releases, and use 2017 for the time being.

purchase here. http://store.nvidia.com/store/nvidia...Page.products/ secodn from the top "Iray & Mental Ray for 3ds Max 1 year"

regards,

-Tony

Quote Originally Posted by renderbender View Post
    I used the iray+ free trial and it was amazing some of my best renders but now i dont actually even see an option to buy iray+ on the store its only iray and mental ray plugin?
    Anyways i downloaded the trial of that and it seems like "mental ray iray" is awful way more fireflies, which i never saw any with iray+... it feels like the iray that came with 3ds max 2016..not very good also the material parameters in arch and design are now different from the iray+ plugin.
    im so confused!!!!!

so how to buy "iray+" for 3ds max and another thing i just updated to 3dsmax 2018 recently and now i see that iray 2018 isnt even out yet. so any idea when thats releasing?

iray+ for 3dsmax 2018 isn't released yet.

if you buy the license for 3ds max, it covers whatever installation of max you have in yuor subscription period. so you get the plugin for 2018 when it releases, and use 2017 for the time being.

purchase here. http://store.nvidia.com/store/nvidia...Page.products/ secodn from the top "Iray & Mental Ray for 3ds Max 1 year"

regards,

-Tony

Quote Originally Posted by renderbender View Post
    im so confused!!!!!

okay so im just concerened that if i buy the iray and mental ray package it will just give me "mental ray iray" not iray+ beacause i did download the mental ray iray combo and iray+ was not the iray that came with it