Thread: How to activate NormalMap ?

Default How to activate NormalMap ?

Hey all,

It's driving me crazy. I've got my texture setup, Everything seems to work except this bloody NorrmalMap......

Here is my nodal system, worked with the metl roughness system.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bgfibhvsiw.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	376.6 KB 
ID:	9667

I've painted my character in Substance Painter, and this is the result with Iray for Substance, work perfectly.

Name:	hfdh.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	9666

Please, I would take any help!

Thanks

Hi piotr47,

Mayas bump-node using normal maps is a problem in general. That's the reason why we implemented a node named ifmNormalMapping.

When you click on the map-button beside the bump-attribute go to Iray -> Utility in the Create Render Node window and select ifmNormalMapping. Connect the file texture with the normalMap atrribute of the ifmNormalMapping node.
    When you use the map button in the ifmNormalMapping node to choose a file-node via the Create Render Node window IfM creates automatically a gammaCorrect-node between the file texture and the ifmNormalMapping node. In most cases this is necessary to get the expected result but you can play with it to see what fits best.

The shading network should look like this.

Name:	normalmap.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	9670

I hope this will solve your problem.

Kind regards

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cberndt View Post
    Hi piotr47,

Mayas bump-node using normal maps is a problem in general. That's the reason why we implemented a node named ifmNormalMapping.

When you click on the map-button beside the bump-attribute go to Iray -> Utility in the Create Render Node window and select ifmNormalMapping. Connect the file texture with the normalMap atrribute of the ifmNormalMapping node.
    When you use the map button in the ifmNormalMapping node to choose a file-node via the Create Render Node window IfM creates automatically a gammaCorrect-node between the file texture and the ifmNormalMapping node. In most cases this is necessary to get the expected result but you can play with it to see what fits best.

Kind regards

Chris
    You rock! Seems to work. But now I've got many others shadders not working...... Opening a global thread right now.

Thnaks a lot!

Hi piotr47,

Kind regards

Chris
    You rock! Seems to work. But now others things are messed up. Will open a global thread.

Thanks a lot!

Hi piotr47,

Name:	normalmap.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	9670

Kind regards

Chris
    Thanks, it helped me A LOT!

I have almost solved all my problems! https://forum.nvidia-arc.com/showthr...nner-s-journey