Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear NVIDIA we must talk! We need a User/Developer Meeting.

Hi Robin,

thank you for answer. I can send the Scene file to you without maps.

The Big Problem is, and i don´t know how. Iray+ damage a Maxfile. If i load it, or want merge a Object, loaded 3dsmax2016 in 1M steps. If i Export a Object from this Scene, have the Export Scene the same Bug. I load a 5 MB File in over 20 Minutes. I look at the Task Manager, and the 5MB File need now over 300MB RAM. This Bug, work as Virus, and this a very strange and dangerous.

I send the file to you per Wetransfer to your Privat E-Mail Account.

thank you for help.

cheers
    thorsten
    Last edited by thorsten hartmann; September 12th, 2017 at 01:14.

I have made myself with us in the company strong for iray+ and must say currently running, I can not do with the renderer yet
    I have no arguments more soon why I would absolutely work with iray+ in the company !
    Please change the fast, otherwise I see real black for the renderer in the future!

Regards Bernd

Quote Originally Posted by RobinSibley View Post
    Hi Thorsten,

I've been out the office and have just picked this up.

Robin
    Robin I apologize if this comes of as harsh, but this is not an excuse. WHEN I get to go on vacation I have to have someone to cover for me, or in this crazy connected digital world of smartphones, you check in while traveling!

Once again, I apologize but I too make my living by rendering, luckily I have other skills to fallback.

The response delay is unacceptable, especially coming from a company as large as NVIDIA, I expected better and sadly this is not a new issue.

https://forum.nvidia-arc.com/showthr...Error-code-100

Thanks,

-Tony

Quote Originally Posted by thorsten hartmann View Post
    Hi Robin,

thank you for answer. I can send the Scene file to you without maps.

The Big Problem is, and i don´t know how. Iray+ damage a Maxfile. If i load it, or want merge a Object, loaded 3dsmax2016 in 1M steps. If i Export a Object from this Scene, have the Export Scene the same Bug. I load a 5 MB File in over 20 Minutes. I look at the Task Manager, and the 5MB File need now over 300MB RAM. This Bug, work as Virus, and this a very strange and dangerous.

I send the file to you per Wetransfer to your Privat E-Mail Account.

thank you for help.

cheers
    thorsten
    To let you know that we've received the model and someone's looking at it now.

To let you know that we've reproduced the problem and are debugging it now. I'll be in touch when I know more.

ah cool Thank you Robin,

i have a other bugy Scene for send, if this can help. I can only say, iot is not a 3d object, i have test it. It is the 3dsmax file, and i don´t know why.

cheers
    thorsten

Quote Originally Posted by thorsten hartmann View Post
    ah cool Thank you Robin,

i have a other bugy Scene for send, if this can help. I can only say, iot is not a 3d object, i have test it. It is the 3dsmax file, and i don´t know why.

cheers
    thorsten
    Yes if you can send it please, that would be great. Send me a link by private message again. Thanks

Hi Thorsten,

- he load a 350 MB file in 20 Minutes. I see the steps are 1 MB that he load, and NVIDIA give no answer.

- i can´t merge a 5 MB File that Need 20 Minutes. and NVIDIA give no answer.
    Can you send me the 5MB model? I need a version that was last saved in 1.3 please if you have it, not 1.4.

Thanks,
    Robin

Ok Robin,

i create tommorow a packet with two Scene a) iray1.3 that works, and b) iray 1.4 that not work.

cheers
    thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks. We'll take a look. So far our debugging has found that:

* The models load in 20-30 minutes even when Iray for Max isn't installed on 3ds Max 2016.
    * The models load much quicker on 3ds Max 2017.
    * Even when we delete everything out your Frankfurt model, it's still 450Mb.
    * Almost all the time in our tests is being spent in biped.dlc.

We're now trying to work out why the empty file is still 450Mb. Is it possible that some of your scenes contain motion-capture data?

Thanks,
    Robin