Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now Available: Mental Ray for Maya 2018

When I try to install the Mental Ray, a nvidia window just pop and then closes instantly.
    I can't install, anyone knows how to fix this? thx

There's something wrong on my Installer, Please help

nc.jpg

Can you please try the workaround described at Mental-Ray-Installation-Fails?

it not work for me it still failed, I Am reinstall Windows and put old driver it still don't work ,I delete installer2 folder it's not help help me please I can't without mental Ray in Maya

We work on a fix of the installer and will announce it here in the forum when ready. Please stay tuned.

Question Error in Maya : I can't use mental ray anymore

I have the following error but i can't find a way to remove it :
    Warning: line 1: (Mayatomr) : mental ray is already running. It cannot start a second render in parallel.
    I have already tried to uninstall and install again mental ray, but the problem still the same. It's the only error that i have when i try to make a render (it's not depending of the render settings), i can't find anything about this subject on internet ! I'm disapointed...
    Thank you in advance if someone can help me

Quote Originally Posted by Kiololo View Post
    Warning: line 1: (Mayatomr) : mental ray is already running. It cannot start a second render in parallel.
    I guess this is for viewport rendering or render view, but not batch?
    You can disable the option "Render Current Frame Without Blocking UI" under
    Render Settings > Configuration (Show Advanced Settings) > Interactive Rendering
    and see if that helps.

you would like to know if you can still obtain these renderers for 3ds Max 2018

I have been stuck on finding the away to smooth polygon meshes when rendering. Most help sites I've gone to have only given mental ray as a solution to this. Can you render your polygonal shapes smooth with Arnold?

I need to use the Mental Ray renderer for Maya 2018 for my Lighting and Rendering class in college.

The school and everyone else in my class is using the licenses they got in September when school started but I wasn't there for that. The school doesn't have any licenses to give out.

As it stands I can still do my rendering at school if I absolutely need to, but I'd rather work on projects at home. Is there anything I can do? I'm new to all this.