Thread: Building a VCA with my two machines and there p5000 cards.

Angry Building a VCA with my two machines and there p5000 cards.

Machine A P5000 (master) and Machine B p5000 (non master).

I'm running Iray server the latest, and it updated a little while ago. It looks like your instructions are telling me to point to the VCA manger. When I type my Https://192.168.1.100. Nothing comes up/ Is this done the same way that your VCA node document calls for? Doesn't seem like that app or service is working

I've tried the machine name and the ip address of the IRAY server. I have at least 8 hrs into this. It won't connect to anything from the other machine which is 192.168.1.101. I'm guessing I need to set up the VCA Manger prior to enabling because it sounds like that is where I will get the username and password to populate those field in VCA connection on Server web app? Is this a true or false statement and why?

Also does the 2nd machine (101) need to be a non-master by demoting it with the iray_server -c command?

Is the document for the VCA nodes what I should be doing to configure my two computers with nvidia pro cards in them?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-10-09_1-09-02.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	9823

Hi scotty3d,

Alex and I are trying to wrangle the posts related to this topic.

Is the document for the VCA nodes what I should be doing to configure my two computers with nvidia pro cards in them?
    If I understand correctly, you are trying to render with one or more workstations remotely with Iray Server. This is different from VCA documentation and does not apply specifically to your setup.

Try accessing documentation from the "About" section in Iray Server web browser or simply paste this in a browser with Iray Server running:

http://127.0.0.1:9090/doc/index.html

This is the best guide to setting up remote rendering with Iray Server.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Jay