Thread: Purchasing IRay & IRay server in South Africa

Question Purchasing IRay & IRay server in South Africa

Is there any way to purchase IRay & IRay Server licensing in South Africa?

The online store does not have South Africa as an option for locale, so one can't link a legal address / billing detail to such a purchase from here.

The online store's support says that it is outside there area of expertise...Firstly referring me to Nvidia hardware suppliers locally and on further requests refer me back to phone Nvidia, but the relevant department is not available to provide an answer.
    So far I have not been able to find a local hardware supplier / distributor that is familiar with IRay.

Thanks to the 52 guys that viewed my post (at time of writing this) ... does anybody from NVIDIA read this forum?

Since I posted a week ago, I was able to get another response from NVIDIA support... Which takes me to a list of international vendors (outside of my region)
    In that list of vendors I found 1 online store that does have South Africa in their drop-down list..... However the shopping cart has a final step that then states:
    "Due to manufacturer restrictions we can't sell/ship this item to your location..."

To me it seems that there is a conscious decision not to supply to South Africa... and with all the sanctions and bans from the past... it seems we are politically
    still not in Nvidia's favour....I truly hope that is not the case because since the day's I was part of beta testing, I found this to be a brilliant product. Sadly, now that
    I've been advising my customers to purchase the commercial product, we can not find a legal way to purchase the software in our region.

Is there anybody that could assist or have suggestions please?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and many apologies for the delay. We had tracked down the issue. There was an incorrect setting in our eCommerce store platform for NVIDIA rendering software that did not accept billing and shipping addresses from South Africa.

We have fixed this and the NVIDIA Advanced Rendering Software Store now accepts South Africa.

Please use this link to complete your purchase>
    Cassie Thibodeau

Thank you very much for solving the problem Cassie!

Quote Originally Posted by casst View Post
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention and many apologies for the delay. We had tracked down the issue. There was an incorrect setting in our eCommerce store platform for NVIDIA rendering software that did not accept billing and shipping addresses from South Africa.

We have fixed this and the NVIDIA Advanced Rendering Software Store now accepts South Africa.

Please use this link to complete your purchase>
    Good morning Cassie et al

We were able to purchase IRay for 3dsMax after the help before.. but sadly now have come across a new online store difficulty.. please help.

To buy Iray Server, we can't seem to find the online store that enables this.... If we use the link previously provided, this is what currently renders in the browser:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IRayStoreLink.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	193.6 KB 
ID:	9990

https://www.irayplugins.com/

You can buy plugins from here now.

Best!
    Nik

Hi Nik

Thanks for the link.. I also came across those pages but I can't find the place to do the purchase here: (please see the screen capture)
    https://www.irayplugins.com/iray-server/

Name:	IrayServer (pluginspage).JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	9991

Are you looking for Iray Server or Iray for 3ds Max?

Here is the screenshot for Iray for 3ds Max:

Name:	irayplugins-ifm.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	9992

Best!
    Nik

Thanks Nik

Yes, we are looking for some Iray Server seats. Luckily our Max Plugin is up and running already.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Sphaera Designs View Post
    Thanks Nik

Yes, we are looking for some Iray Server seats. Luckily our Max Plugin is up and running already.

Best regards
    Try to write on the contact page iray server. https://www.irayplugins.com/iray-server/contact.php

Name:	Cattura.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	9993
    Last edited by mak21; December 4th, 2017 at 20:02.