Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Looking Forward to iray bugs getting fixed for 3ds Max 2018

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    37

    Default Looking Forward to iray bugs getting fixed for 3ds Max 2018

    Now that MentalRay/iray for Maya 2018 is done and out of the way, it would be nice to see some updates for iray in 3ds Max 2018!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Salem, MA USA
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Agreed! And some updates as to what might be on the way?

    Doug Bowker


    Animation • Video • Motion Graphics
    www.douglasbowker-motiongraphics.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Berlin/Germany
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3drealism.com View Post
    ...it would be nice to see some updates for iray in 3ds Max 2018!
    Please see the forum section for Iray for 3ds Max, also called Iray+.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Please see the forum section for Iray for 3ds Max, also called Iray+.
    Hi Steve,

    Thanks, that link tells me about iray+ as from Nov 20th. But what is happening to iray in Mental Ray for 3ds Max 2018. Will the bugs get fixed?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Berlin/Germany
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3drealism.com View Post
    ...what is happening to iray in Mental Ray for 3ds Max 2018. Will the bugs get fixed?
    Yes, critical bugs will be fixed, and support for the new GPU generation will be added.
    In general, it makes little sense to maintain two Iray-based plugins but rather invest into one and make that the best.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Yes, critical bugs will be fixed, and support for the new GPU generation will be added.
    In general, it makes little sense to maintain two Iray-based plugins but rather invest into one and make that the best.

    so iray Mental Ray for 3ds max will be closed soon ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Berlin/Germany
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roky View Post
    so iray Mental Ray for 3ds max will be closed soon ?
    Rather "stay as is" and not be further extended.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •