Thread: My 2 problems (who make me crasy)

Question My 2 problems (who make me crasy)

Hello,

1.) I'm very sorry for my low level english.

Okay, I will try to explain my problems with iRay+ and 3DsMax.

- My first problem affect displacement parameters on the little dialogue box. (see the following screenshot)
    Only for the pull-over mesh, the parameters are already reset after a 3Dsmax launch... (The jacket and pants are very similar but keep parameters. The body keep too.)
    I tried to isolate the pull-over on a clean scene and delete all modifiers but it's the same... I dont understand why, all parameters return at zero and the subdivision to 4.
    Any ideas ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot01.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	222.4 KB 
ID:	9939

- My second problem is a rend error who shutdown the first graphic card since I use displacement map, but it's probably "normal" because is the card used by windows and the scene have too many poly and use too many ram. (Maybe)
    The render message is :
    BEGIN FRAME 0; TASK 1 OF 1; (NO SAVE);
    1.0 IRT rend error: OptiX Prime error: rtpModelUpdate( model_dest.m_model, update_hint ) returned Unknown error (Function "_rtpModelUpdate" caught exception: Encountered a CUDA error: cudaMalloc(&ptr, size) returned (2): out of memory, [15466617])
    END FRAME 0; TASK 1 OF 1; (NO SAVE); 153s; 0 faces; MEM 9355 MB;
    I have "only" 2 1070GTX (non-SLI). But if this problem is a memory and polygons relation, with just my character, my futur smell bad. XD
    For example, this render create this error...

Please, tell me sweet news.

NB: I use 3DsMax 2018 v. 20,0 - 20.3.0.3149 and iRay+ 1.4.0.0 and my graphic driver are up-to-date.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Render01.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	9940

PS: Oh yes, I forgot an other check box who reset after relaunch Max. I see than The Texture Compression option is always unchecked after a restart. (After a save of course)

Thanks,
    Hugo

Hi Hugo,

The Texture Compression issue you mention is a bug that we already know about and will fix in an upcoming release.

We'll have a look at the other problems and get back to you.

Thanks,
    Michael
    QA Engineer, Lightworks

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your answer. If you need more informations, I'm listening.

Hi Twigho,

Are you still having problems with this scene?

Your first problem might possibly be caused by the fact that you have two element selected in the scene explorer ("Vetements" and "PullMesh"). The code for the "Iray+ Object Properties" dialog only handles one object, so having multiple objects selected when you click it could cause problems. Can you try this again, just with "PullMesh" selected, and see if this solves your issue?

The second problems looks as though it is, as you suspected, just caused by your GPU running out of memory. The error message doesn't indicate that anything else is going on. In this case the only option is to reduce the amount of subdivision for your displacement.

If you still need help with this then we may need you to send us your scene so we can examine it in here. If so, can you please post on the new forums as we have migrated over there now:

https://www.irayplugins.com/forum/forum.php

Michael
    QA Engineer, Lightworks