Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seriously how do you buy iray!!?!

Default Seriously how do you buy iray!!?!

Ive been on the nvidia website clicked buy now and there is no option to add the iray plugin to cart, ive also been redirected to irayplugins.com which also seemingly has no way of purchasing the plugin, the only option is for a trial product.

Take my money nvidia!

I second that. And what happened to our licenses that were already given out? Where can we redownload Iray for reinstallation?

Give them some time to land on new system and they will give us more info.

Best!
    Nik

Hi all,

Hopefully I can answer some of your questions, along with this FAQ.

As the FAQ says, we're moving the licensing mechanism from Flexera to RLM. This is actually good news for two reasons. Firstly, we want to make the licensing process much simpler going forward. Secondly, everyone can get the 30-day trial for free (because it's impossible for the new licensing mechanism to read and validate existing Flex licenses).

Here's what I know:

• A new version of the plugin (1.6) is available for download when you click the Try button on irayplugins.com.
    • This new version includes the latest version of Iray, which adds support for Volta GPUs.
    • It also checks for either a valid RLM license or a valid Flex license (in that order).
    • To my knowledge, the first Flex licenses come up for renewal on December 1st.
    • We'll soon be adding a Buy button to the webstore, hopefully in the next few days but definitely before the first 30-day trials expire.

So my advice is:

• It really doesn't matter when you migrate. The latest version on the new webstore includes the same licensing mechanism as all the previous versions and your existing license will continue to work until it expires.
    • To migrate, go to the new website, download the plugin using the Try button and install it.
    • If you've still got time left on your Flex license, I'd recommend using that up before starting your new 30-day trial or activating a new license.

Michael and I will be on hand to resolve any licensing issues as quick as we can.

Robin

Thank You Robin!

So let me see:

1 - If our licenses expires at December 1st - we need to wait with updating now. Correct?
    2 - Version 1.6 - is there any differences between 1.6 and 1.4, that some of us use now?
    3 - How we will get updated licenses? What is procedure here.

Thanks!
    Best!
    Nik

Hi Nik,

1. You don't need to wait to download the 1.6 plugin installer, you can do this now. But you should wait before updating your licence yes.
    2. 1.6 supports the latest (Volta) cards so this is the major difference. There are also a couple of minor bugfixes, but no new features. We'll make release notes available soon.
    3. This will be through the store on the new website (www.irayplugins.com). This is not currently available, only the 30 day trial is available, but it will be available before any existing licences expire or before any new trial periods finish.

Thanks,
    Michael
    QA Engineer, Lightworks

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBellamy View Post
    Hi Nik,

1. You don't need to wait to download the 1.6 plugin installer, you can do this now. But you should wait before updating your licence yes.
    2. 1.6 supports the latest (Volta) cards so this is the major difference. There are also a couple of minor bugfixes, but no new features. We'll make release notes available soon.
    3. This will be through the store on the new website (www.irayplugins.com). This is not currently available, only the 30 day trial is available, but it will be available before any existing licences expire or before any new trial periods finish.

Thanks,
    Michael
    Thank You Michael!

How we will get login info for new website, from where we will get/extend licenses? We will receive email? or?

Thanks!
    I think this info will be very helpful to all.

Best!
    Nik

I don't belive in the future for rendering maneger by nvidia, Because Iray + have the same license for Mr plugin, Today is present, but Tomorrow ??
    Sorry but I remove Iray + and the gpu Nivida for the rendering.
    You lose me. good luck
    best regards , Mak21

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nvidia remove 2.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	9973

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	By By nvidia.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	9974

Quote Originally Posted by mak21 View Post
    I don't belive in the future for rendering maneger by nvidia, Because Iray + have the same license for Mr plugin, Today is present, but Tomorrow ??
    Sorry but I remove Iray + and the gpu Nivida for the rendering.
    You lose me. good luck
    best regards , Mak21
    That's a shame, but I can understand your sentiment.

FWIW, I'm not sure if I'll renew/update my own license or not. I have five days left on it. I visited the new website (irayplugins.com) and saw "Welcome to the home of Iray"...Does that also include Iray+ or has it been renamed to Iray like the older version? Or has Iray+ been axed? Things like this just adds to the confusion of the products.

Iray+ is a decent product now. However, it could be magnificent if some of the feedback & requests from the forum members here were addressed. I know there's some good folks working on iray/iray+ and nvidia produces some outstanding GPUs. The potential is there to dominate the GPU rendering software market. However, there are a few missing parts to the puzzle at the moment. Hopefully it'll all come together down the road because I really want to help support the efforts here.
    Jeff Patton
    Website

Hi Jeff (and others),

Just to try and clear up some of the confusion with the product names...

NVIDIA develop the core Iray rendering engine/SDK. Iray+ is an extended SDK built around this, developed by Lightworks. The 3ds Max plugin, although also developed by Lightworks using the Iray+ SDK, is officially called "Iray for Max". It's still known colloquially as "Iray+" since it was called that during the Beta program, but since official release it has always been known as "Iray for Max". I understand this causes a little confusion for people who have been around since the Beta program, particularly as there is still an SDK product called Iray+.

Hopefully this explains why the new plugins site doesn't mention "Iray+", but if you see "Iray for Max" then this refers to the same plugin.

Michael
    QA Engineer, Lightworks