Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mental Ray for 3ds Max 2018 - plugin downloads

Quote Originally Posted by egegurkan View Post
    Is there going to be mentalray 2019 for 3dsmax 2019? because 3dsmax is already updated.
    Unfortunately, no. Not in the foreseeable future.

Best,
    Steffen

Hi.
    Sorry for my question, but I have trouble with this plugin for 3ds max.
    I download MRMAX 2018 Satellite Installer v1.0.exe and install this, but i do not see it in 3ds max 2018.
    What am I doing wrong?

I'd like to point out that this "free" release is garbage, the installer is entirely broken. It does not even OPEN on Windows 10. It doesn't matter what compatibility settings you use, the installer closes instantly upon opening.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher13 View Post
    I'd like to point out that this "free" release is garbage, the installer is entirely broken. It does not even OPEN on Windows 10. It doesn't matter what compatibility settings you use, the installer closes instantly upon opening.
    Clear your c:/program files/Nvidia corporation/installer2 folder...

There is a known issue when using latest NVIDIA graphics driver installers before installing the plugin.
    See 16641-Mental-Ray-Installation-Fails for a workaround (which was mentioned in this thread already).

Default Can't get NVIDIA renderer to install on 3dsmax 2018, need help

I need help, I had to reinstall Max 2018 and then tried to launch the installers in the links below. Nothing occurs though. I'm using Windows 10. The old computer that had Max 2018 is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hi all

you can download the most recent release of the Mental Ray for 3ds Max 2018 plugin below.

It is free to use for interactive rendering and rendering of still frames from within 3ds Max 2018.
    The rendering of animations with Backburner or Mental Ray Standalone will ask for a license though.
    Update:
    The distributed rendering with Mental Ray Satellite is supported, see the separate installer below.

Windows
    MRMAX2018_v1.0.exe
    MRMAX2018_Satellite_Installer_1.0.exe

If you need a full license for your ongoing projects please do not hesitate to contact arc-licensing@nvidia.com.

Happy rendering

Best,
    Steffen

Quote Originally Posted by misterphoton View Post
    I need help, I had to reinstall Max 2018 and then tried to launch the installers in the links below. Nothing occurs though. I'm using Windows 10. The old computer that had Max 2018 is toast.
    This is a known issue with the old version of the installer when running on a recent system. Please read further down for a workaround.

Hello,
    I am trying to download MRMAX2018_v1.0.exe for use in 3ds max 2018, but when I try to run the exe, it is not opening. More specifically, the nvidia package launcher is visible in the background processes of Task Manager for a couple of seconds after i run the exe, and then disappears. Basically I can't get it to run, and I don't understand what I am doing wrong. This is quite urgent so I would greatly appreciate a response as soon as possible.
    Thank you in advance for your help and time,
    Best,
    Evropi