Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mental Ray for 3ds Max 2018 - plugin downloads

Exclamation Mental Ray for 3ds Max 2018 - plugin downloads

Hi all,

you can download the most recent release of the Mental Ray for 3ds Max 2018 plugin below.

It is free to use for interactive rendering and rendering of still frames from within 3ds Max 2018.
    The rendering of animations with Backburner or Mental Ray Standalone will ask for a license though.
    Update:
    The distributed rendering with Mental Ray Satellite is supported, see the separate installer below.

Windows
    MRMAX2018_v1.0.exe
    MRMAX2018_Satellite_Installer_1.0.exe

If you need a full license for your ongoing projects please do not hesitate to contact arc-licensing@nvidia.com.

Happy rendering

Best,
    Steffen
    Last edited by steve; January 4th, 2018 at 17:12. Reason: add satellite

Mental Ray Iray active shade is broken in this build.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hi all,

you can download the most recent release of the Mental Ray for 3ds Max 2018 plugin below.

It is free to use for interactive rendering and rendering of still frames from within 3ds Max 2018.
    The rendering of animations with Backburner or with Mental Ray Standalone will ask for a license though.

Windows
    MRMAX2018_v1.0.exe

If you need a full license for your ongoing projects please do not hesitate to contact arc-licensing@nvidia.com.

Happy rendering

Best,
    Steffen
    where is the satellite installer in this build ?

Quote Originally Posted by spacefrog View Post
    where is the satellite installer in this build ?
    You are right. We have added the download of the satellite installer to the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    You are right. We have added the download of the satellite installer to the original post.
    Perfect, thanks a lot

hello,
    I have licensed versions of both 2018 and 2019 3dsmax.
    But dont have mentalray renderer.
    Is there any way to get mental ray renderer.
    Paid or free subscription.

Please answer.
    As I am really confused. I read at so many places that you can buy nvidia mental ray seprarately AND you cant buy nvidia mental ray anymore.

Do you have any information about availability of a Mental Ray plugin that would work with 3ds Max 2019? I have just installed the 2018 plugin and it seems to work, but since 3ds Max 2019 is now available I'd like to know if there will be a similar plugin offered.

Is there going to be mentalray 2019 for 3dsmax 2019? because 3dsmax is already updated.

Quote Originally Posted by kiranjast View Post
    hello,
    I have licensed versions of both 2018 and 2019 3dsmax. But dont have mentalray renderer. Is there any way to get mental ray renderer. Paid or free subscription.
    Just download the free edition here in the forum. You can use it to render still frames and interactive rendering inside 3ds Max without a license.

Best,
    Steffen

Quote Originally Posted by JerG View Post
    Do you have any information about availability of a Mental Ray plugin that would work with 3ds Max 2019?
    We have no plans to update the Mental Ray plugin for 3ds Max 2019. Not sure if the 2018 plugin works with 3ds Max 2019, but I believe it is unlikely.

Best,
    Steffen