Thread: Rhino Blocks & Iray Materials - Rendering Issues

Talking Rhino Blocks & Iray Materials - Rendering Issues

Hello everyone !

I'm new to this forum and english is not my native langage, i'll do my best .

I use the latest update of Rhino 5 with Iray and I love it.

I use blocks in my projects for various objects (tables, chairs...). I usually assign Iray materials to surfaces/polysrfs... before creating blocks.

However I sometimes need to change materials inside blocks after their creation.

- After editing the block (like changing my wooden table to a glass table, or else) Iray doesn't update the material change correctly, it renders the concerned blocks with the materials assigned before their creation, as if no change had been made.

- When rendering and editing the block at the same time (the Rhino block window is showing) Iray renders the materials correctly, but only for the selected instance.

I've managed a way around this issue by saving my .3dm model and re-opening it in Rhino, Iray then renders the materials correctly for each block instances.

Am I doing this the wrong way ? Is this a bug or a future feature with Iray ? I'd love Iray to manage and render correctly my material updates inside blocks.

Thank you in advance for your answers !

Can you please repost your question to the new Iray for Rhino forums here:

https://www.irayplugins.com/forum/

Since migenius has now taken over development of the plugin we provide support in this new location.

Okay, thanks for the tip !