Thread: MDL SDK 2018 Samples

Default MDL SDK 2018 Samples

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to play around with the samples from the sdk 2018 and I'm having trouble running some of the samples. For instance, "example_traversal" won't go through because of an error while initializing:
    Code:
    Failed to load library (126): The specified module could not be found.
    Error in file ..\example_traversal.cpp, line 49: "neuray.is_valid_interface()".
    It's a bit weird because the line it refers to is also used in some other samples like "example_archives" that will run flawlessly:

Code:
    mi::base::Handle<mi::neuraylib::INeuray> neuray(load_and_get_ineuray());
    check_success(neuray.is_valid_interface());
    Any idea what I can do to fix this? All the samples from the previous version of the SDK worked on the same setup.

Thanks in advance,

Fran├žois

Apparently error 126 is not an MDL specific error, it means a library could not be loaded successfully. Some of the sample projects in the Visual Studio solution seem to have a bad configuration regarding the dll that are in "mdl-sdk-302800.547\nt-x86-64\lib".
    A quick and dirty fix is to just copy and paste those dll in the folder "mdl-sdk-302800.547\examples".

Cheers

Sorry for the late answer.

yes, this error indicates a setup issue. Do you have by any chance the old sdk still installed somewhere and the sample tries to load the old SDK?

No problem.

Actually, I fixed it as mentioned in my previous reply.
    Well I did not install the SDK, I downloaded and unzipped it. I don't see how the new version would try to load the previous version which is stored at a random path on my computer.