Thread: Cannot install nvidia mental ray for maya 2017

Angry Cannot install nvidia mental ray for maya 2017

捕获.PNG
    I downloaded the installation file from the official, but give me the following tips:
    Status shows I haven't installed these three components.

The installation of my mentalray for Maya 2018 is very smooth, but the 2017 version cannot be installed.

I don't know what the reason is. Can you give me an answer? thank you very much!

Hi! I have the same problem with Maya 2018. Help pls

Default Same issue

Same exact issue here. No custom install path. Mental ray 1.0 installs without issue.
    Last edited by jstalians; May 22nd, 2018 at 22:26.

When we try to install Nvidia driver using Nvidia installer but when installation of driver fails then we get a message "Nvidia installer failed" on the computer screen. There are multiple methods to resolve this error.
    i) Custom installation of the drivers. Run the NVIDIA Installer > Installation options > Express (Recommended) > Custom (Advanced) > Next.
    ii) Temporarily turn off Anti-virus or third-party security programs.
    iii) Reinstall Windows 10 from scratch.
    Above methods are the best methods to overcome the "Nvidia installer failed" Error.

Quote Originally Posted by mofeimoshu00 View Post
    Status shows I haven't installed these three components.
    The installation of my mentalray for Maya 2018 is very smooth, but the 2017 version cannot be installed.
    The screenshot claims to install 2 different versions of the Professional Application Center (NVPAC), which
    seem to look strange but is actually correct. The NVPAC installs two separate components with different version numbers.
    When you install the plugin for Maya 2018 first then you have all the side Apps installed already, like the NVPAC.
    The Maya 2017 install will try to install it again, and should detect automatically that it does not need to.

You may uninstall just the NVPAC in "control panel / uninstall a program" (Windows), and try the plugin installer again.
    Last edited by steve; June 26th, 2018 at 15:02. Reason: correction

Please try this workaround to circumvent a known NVIDIA installer issue.

Default Cannot install nvidia mental ray for maya 2017

Is there a Configure Install after entering the product code in the Maya 2016 installer to select to install mental ray?