Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mental ray 2018 loading error

Default Mental ray 2018 loading error

I posted this to the Maya forums and I was told to come here.
    I was trying to load the mental ray plugin into Maya when I got this error message:

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 905: The specified procedure could not be found.
    (Mayatomr)

Do you know anything that might help? I am using Maya 2018.

Thanks in advance.

Did you install the plugin to the default location, or did you adjust the install path?

I installed Mental Ray to the default location: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\mentalray 3.14 for Maya 2018

There is not much which can fail. Often it's caused by a missing external library that the plugin depends upon.

Given that you kept the original file/folder layout of the plugin installation, please make sure that the "libray.dll" is in the "bin" subfolder.

You also need to have the Windows Visual C++ 2015 runtime installed. Check for "C:\windows\system32\msvcp140.dll".
    This should have been installed by Maya anyway, so Maya would not run if that was not available.

They are both there.

Also, I forgot to mention that there was another error line in the script editor:
    // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: Unable to dynamically load

Can you please try to load the plugin manually, and then send the resulting messages of the Script Editor and the Console Window?

In the Script Editor, the total response is this:
    // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/NVIDIA Corporation/mentalray 3.14 for Maya 2018/plug-ins/Mayatomr.mll
    The specified procedure could not be found.
    //
    // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: The specified procedure could not be found.
    (Mayatomr) //
    However, nothing happens in the Console Window.

Can you please try the latest update of the plugin installer at 16656-Mental-Ray-for-Maya-2018-Version-1-2-1-Update ?

I tried it, and it still gave me the same error