Thread: Mental Ray forum going to be closed

Exclamation Mental Ray forum going to be closed

Dear mental ray friends and users,

after decades of serving the rendering and ray tracing community and helping you to get most out of mental ray, this forum will be closed and its public content is going to disappear in few weeks. You still have time to save your favorite threads or posts, and make backup copies of the material that is most valuable to you.

Thanks a lot to all of you, for your contributions over the years and all the great work and art you have achieved with the help of mental ray.

You may follow the mental ray blog for latest information.

See you in another life,
    Steffen "Steve"

I'm happy i learned to light using mental ray and that this forum was always here to help. No one was ever unkind or unprofessional and i never asked a question that was not answered to my satisfaction.

Thank you mental ray devs, forum moderators and fellow members

Quote Originally Posted by ronviers View Post
    I'm happy i learned to light using mental ray and that this forum was always here to help. No one was ever unkind or unprofessional and i never asked a question that was not answered to my satisfaction.

Thank you mental ray devs, forum moderators and fellow members
    Hear hear! Truly the end of an era. And still in many ways more modern than some current entries. I miss the days where renderers were all doing their unique thing and learning new ways to trick the software, accomplish strange goals, and more. Learning something new every release was exciting.
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you over the head with experience."