Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shader beta testing signup

Default Shader beta testing signup

We now have a forum for testing shaders pre-release. It is implemented as a usergroup with private access to another forum in this section. You may ask to sign up in this thread. If you agree to these conditions say so, and I will add your registered LAmrUG account name into the Shader beta user group.

Shader beta Usergroup Forum
    Conditions of Use

- Do not share these shaders with others. If others are interested, suggest they ask to join the "Shader beta" User Group

- There is no warranty that shaders will work

- The UI for the release may change. Since it is very likely that the interface (number/name of parameters) of one or more of the shaders in the package will change, do not depend on them in shader networks for production.

- The shader itself may change. Final version of the shaders can then be incompatible to the one available in the beta. Files saved with the beta program might not load with final version. Files saved with beta program might render differently with final version. For a given production, do not depend on the shaders to stay the same when released in standalone mental ray, or any given 3D application.

- We do ask for production-oriented testing and feedback, so consider making test cases duplicated from actual production scenes.

- By downloading and using the shaders, you agree to these conditions
    Barton Gawboy

Hi Bart,

I would be very interested in taking part, although I'm not exactly doing high-end work. Nonetheless, my production pipeline is completely Max / mr based.

Dave
    http://www.maxplugins.de
    MAX Plugins.de - the largest database of plugins for 3ds max

I would also like to take part in beta-testing...
    I m using Mental Ray mostly for architectural stills... i m MRay under Maya... Interested in learning and testing new MR shaders as well as Phenomenas which could be made out of them...

Thanx in advance

Hi bart,
    Please add me too. My production is maya oriented.
    Pavel Ledin

You have all been added.

mental, I'm not sure if this first beta group will be useful for you. I should add what the first two shader libs, named production and framebuffer, contain.

Production Shaders
    This pre-release lib contains a variety of useful production shaders including:
    • Motion Blur shaders
      Card/Opacity shader
      Ray type switching shader
      Matte/Shadow object and camera map shaders

Framebuffer Shaders
    This pre-release lib contains a variety of utilities for user framebuffer creating, reading and writing including:
    • FB creation geometry shaders
      FB layering shaders
    Barton Gawboy

I'm extremely interested in beta testing these shaders. Most of my mental ray usage is for television commercials but occasional film work also, mostly with Maya.

I am also interested.
    Rendering in multi platform environment here (win32, linux32 & 64)

Thanks

Both of you have been added. The Shader beta forum should now be at the bottom of the Shaders section for you.
    Barton Gawboy

Hi Bart,

Would be curious too.

Cheers,
    Szabolcs

hi bart
    i love to be a part of the this. I'm using mentalray for film and tv produksjons