Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Point-based shaders

HDR is supported, however very highly 'directional' illumination is not so cool for the point rasterizer atm, it tends to render light leaks in-between surfels and to reproduce 'steps' between hierarchical levels (ie. big rounded chunks). you can still mimic the sun with a directional light however (or you can bake an IBL area light, didn't try that), the problem is when the HDR is the only illumination source (and for that only 'pathtracers' can fullfill your kind of request anyway, which is at the end looking for physical correctness, or at least is better managed in that domain of things). eventually I plan to add importance sampling and spherical harmonics asap and that should fix the problem at the source, or I can see to implement lightcuts as a pre-pass first light bounce where on that apply the final gathering, but first I'd wanna finish the splatter engine and maybe start some internal beta testing.

I mean something like this. 'directional' illumination can be rendered with the pcloud rasterizer but it has to come from 'direct' lighting, here for example I bake a default area light and on that apply a first bounce pbgi. as always, open in new win for full size.
    Attached Images Attached Images

just to add some color to this thread

1K images, 5M points, 12px cube raster, 0.05 solidangle, 6mins
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by maxt; February 27th, 2017 at 17:31.

Nice. What do the controls look like right now? Are you going to keep the controls down to a minimum? Maybe you could post some of that and we could look at how it works and maybe refine it for a production setup.
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you over the head with experience."

Exclamation Pclouds for 64bit maya 2013 ?

Does this work for maya 2013. I have tried with beta 3 and its not working. So is it available for 2013 ?

ehy sorry, some forced holidays, for the past months we got more earthquakes in northern italy than ie. in CA; interesting earthquakes under some aspects are treated as an n-body problem, I believe that one of the first octree implementation (which is often used in PBGI approaches) comes from geology.

eventually I'm looking for testers (half a dozen may be enough) to begin some betatesting in a couple of weeks or so, you'll test mainly the splatter engine and the PBGI implementations. I'm looking for ppz with high-end machines (win64, i7, 16GB+, maya2012/2013) and skills that do not need to be trained to be able to use the shaders ( you'll get some basic intro and test scenes ). a couple of lines as intro to yourself or references if I don't know you, would be welcome.

cheers
    Last edited by maxt; February 27th, 2017 at 17:33.