Thread: Mental Mill Standard x64 won't install

Thumbs down Mental Mill Standard x64 won't install

I have both Maya 2011 SAP and Maya 2012 installed. During the installation of Mental Mill SE x64, it says "No Autodesk Product Found Error". It says it can't find a license and is required for installation. Obviously this isn't true. Any workarounds or is a fix needed from MI to get this working properly?

I was going to try the trial on this site to see if the installer was fixed, but the trial is deceptive. It says the total amount due is $501.99. How can it be a free trial if after 30 days I'm automatically charged for it? Not very nice.

I apologize for the delay in responding. This thread was stuck in our moderation queue.

You may be seeing two separate errors: one for installation and the other for licensing. It will take me a little while to set up a Maya test environment to match your configuration, so please bear with me.

I'll ask internally about the free trial. I'm sure it wasn't our intention to make it an unpleasant experience.

Regards,
    David Marks
    mental mill QA

Regarding the free trial:

We offer the 30 day free trial with the confidence that you will be pleased with the product and will subsequently wish to purchase. Within the 30 days you can cancel at anytime and you will not be charged. This information is included under the 'info' links on the web store site. Your order number can be tracked with the email sent to you with download information. If you have been charged in error you can contact Digital River/Share It to refund the charge.

I have retested here on Windows 7 - 64 bit, with Maya 2011.

Please bear with me as this may take some time to troubleshoot.

Did you make it past the installer error? If you are still hitting the "No Autodesk Product Found" error, I'll need to check with our install engineer to determine what checking is going on. It is possible that your SAP version has slightly different folder names or registry entries.

If mental mill is installed now, exactly what error do you get when you try to run mental mill?
    Please launch Maya 2011, and from the Help/About Maya Box, choose Product License Information.

In my case, the License Name is Autodesk Maya 2011, License type is Standalone - Locked, and License ID is MAYA_F_S. Can you compare this to yours?

pulling up the Maya 2011 SAP Product License information it says:

License name: Autodesk Maya 2011
    License type: Standalone - locked
    License behavior: permanent
    License ID: MAYA_F_S

The about Autodesk help says: Version: Autodesk Maya 2011 x64 Subscription Advantage Pack

Thanks for your help! If it's an issue, I can wait for the Maya 2012 version to come out if that's nearing completion too.

Have a nice day.

It sounds like it should all work. I'll work with Autodesk to test exactly the same Subscription Advantage Pack. Hopefully I can reproduce the problem here.

Did the mental mill installation complete, or did it stop you with a no product license warning? (If you can't even install, please tell me what subdirectory your Maya is installed into.)

If it installed, exactly what error comes up when you try to start mental mill?

Default same problem, unable to install mental mill

has any progress been made on this? i have maya 2010/11/12 installed on my machine under standalone configuration and am unable to install mental mill.

when i attempt to install i receive the following error:

mental mill Standard Edition for Mac OSX can't be installed on this computer.

A valid Autodesk Maya or Softimage product license is required to run on your computer.
    Attached Images Attached Images