Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to Mental Mill?

bart what is the status of mental mill 1.2? I am not interested in simply materials, but being able to create enhanced maps using a logical node based interface. Also, Nvidia isn't the only company allowing users to edit and leverage the metaSL pipeline. There are other users who are looking for the best way to create realtime DCC shaders that mimic the look of their engine shaders and being able to do that without jumping into a compiler or text editor to do so.

That being said, yes I know how I can hack the 3ds max and its editor to expose most of the metaSL nodes that ship with it to the user interface, but the workflow, phenomenon, and UI creation are lacking from that process.

So previews were shown 10 months ago of 1.2, and your integration partners have eluded that the ball is in your court and they are waiting on Nvidia to release it before they could do anything. Yes there is mental mill Standard edition from Autodesk, but that is locked to an old application and license system (2011 releases must be installed and licensed to use). Please publicly or through your integration partners make the tool available so those of us looking to leverage the technology can do so.

-Eric

Default Agreed, what happens for V 1.2?

For those of us who have actually bought a license for MM, can we expect a service update to 1.2, or has the project been completely scrapped? Nobody likes buying abandonware...

Thanks,
    FDP

Quote Originally Posted by PiXeL_MoNKeY View Post
    bart what is the status of mental mill 1.2? I am not interested in simply materials, but being able to create enhanced maps using a logical node based interface. Also, Nvidia isn't the only company allowing users to edit and leverage the metaSL pipeline. There are other users who are looking for the best way to create realtime DCC shaders that mimic the look of their engine shaders and being able to do that without jumping into a compiler or text editor to do so.

That being said, yes I know how I can hack the 3ds max and its editor to expose most of the metaSL nodes that ship with it to the user interface, but the workflow, phenomenon, and UI creation are lacking from that process.

So previews were shown 10 months ago of 1.2, and your integration partners have eluded that the ball is in your court and they are waiting on Nvidia to release it before they could do anything. Yes there is mental mill Standard edition from Autodesk, but that is locked to an old application and license system (2011 releases must be installed and licensed to use). Please publicly or through your integration partners make the tool available so those of us looking to leverage the technology can do so.

-Eric

There will be an update of mental mill to version 1.2 which will be ready for our users in the next weeks. This update will be free of charge and will have a couple of new features that make working with shaders more comfortable.

Best Regards,
    Ruediger

That is great news! I for one was very sad to see Mental Mill go away in exchange for tool that I see as less flexible. Looking forward to the V 1.2 features!

Quote Originally Posted by ruediger View Post
    There will be an update of mental mill to version 1.2 which will be ready for our users in the next weeks. This update will be free of charge and will have a couple of new features that make working with shaders more comfortable.

Best Regards,
    Ruediger

mill is death~~
    I'm so sad.

You can donwnload Mental Mill 1.2 from the sticky thread here
    http://forum.nvidia-arc.com/showthre...e-and-download

Please i am new to materials.
    I just opened mental mill and i have a question.
    What is a phong material ?
    What is a blinn material ?
    Is there a way that we can determine the physics of a material from the picture
    or we have to rely on test renders ?

What is the difference between slate mode in 3dsmax and mental mill ?