Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: iray Matte Objects

> And another question with another scene: Why is the shadow seen in render, if I created light source and shadow are not assigned on?

iray always casts shadows. Shadows don't exist per se, they are merely the (relative) absence of light. There are shadows were light is occluded, without distinction on whether the light is direct or indirect.

daniel

> Enviroment shadow mixer in Scene is 0. There is no light source in Scene. Why is the shadow seen in render and how can I remove it?

Matte objects always receive matte shadows. We've recently added a switch to control the intensity of matte shadows (to make them lighter or darker), but that hasn't shipped yet.

I feel this is probably the right time to mention the disclaimer from the blog post ...

Your feedback is very appreciated!

daniel

Quote Originally Posted by dlevesque View Post
    > Enviroment shadow mixer in Scene is 0. There is no light source in Scene. Why is the shadow seen in render and how can I remove it?

Matte objects always receive matte shadows. We've recently added a switch to control the intensity of matte shadows (to make them lighter or darker), but that hasn't shipped yet.

I feel this is probably the right time to mention the disclaimer from the blog post ...

Your feedback is very appreciated!

daniel
    It seems like Iray + Iray_enviroment_dome always creates light source by default. If I set Enviroment shadow mixer in Scene = 0, Enviroment shadows desappear, but there appears a shadow from nonexistent light source. If I create my own light source in scene, the shadow of nonexistence light source disappears, and I have shadows of new created light source.

Is it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tengiz View Post
    It seems like Iray + Iray_enviroment_dome always creates light source by default. If I set Enviroment shadow mixer in Scene = 0, Enviroment shadows desappear, but there appears a shadow from nonexistent light source. If I create my own light source in scene, the shadow of nonexistence light source disappears, and I have shadows of new created light source.

Is it right?
    Sounds like the 3ds max default lights are at cause. They're enabled by default whenever no light source is present in the scene. The trick is to create an explicit light and turn it off.

daniel

To clarify, see tips/more videos/light emitting geometries for more information.
    http://www.irayrender.com/#/tips/3ds...ideo-tutorials

an "explicit light" is an unimportant light source (ex: 1 lumen) that is just there to turn off the default lights and not to actually emit visible light. They show this in the video.

Thank you very much for your help

I am introducing myself have a Quadro 4000 and will use the Iray mate Shader in Iray and Max 2013
    ea great deal, Hope this post gets me aproved.

ok, i will see if it's works

its good thing but can u plz tell me about this stuff in detail like how to use iray manager and iray

Quote Originally Posted by amol91939 View Post
    its good thing but can u plz tell me about this stuff in detail like how to use iray manager and iray
    You won't get much help past the blog tutorial, read the disclaimer. This feature is hidden, unofficial and undocumented.